Author Topic: Old Kilpatrick Cemetery.  (Read 55897 times)

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Old Kilpatrick Cemetery.
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 26 October 08 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ladynicnak

And welcome to Roots Chat  ;D

I am not sure if I have a Thomas in my tree, I will have a look. Do you know who Thomas was married to?

It would be great to find a link still in Scotland.

The other two siblings of my g grandfather, Andrew brown McAulay Munn, moved to New Jersey, America in the 1920's.
And hsim other sister Margaret Munn married a George Holdsworth Paton. She stayed in Scotland.

Oh and James Munn (Andrew's father) was buried at Lochgilphead cemetery in an unmarked grave, owned by Margaret Paton nee Munn.
She lived at Pine St Clydebank.

Pettsy  :)
Petts in Hertfordshire,Chelsea & New Zealand.<br />Swift in Islington, Chelsea &  Battersea.<br />Cox in Chelsea.<br />Carter in Chelsea.<br />Little in Westminster, London.<br />Munn & McAulay in Duntocher, Scotland.<br />
Munn New Jersey and Oz
Dwyer, McManus & Kiernan in Ireland.<br />Turner in Shrewsbury.<br />Cannon in London.<br />Porter in London.<br />Kinner in Chelsea, London.<br />Le Breton

Offline ladynicnak

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 26 October 08 13:08 GMT (UK) »
I'll need to check with my dad, I only know my great gran (Thomas's wife) as Granny Munn! My gran's maiden name was Christina Munn and she has brothers James and Andrew and sisters Margaret and Mary. Her brother Thomas died when he was young, and Margaret has also now passed away.

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 26 October 08 13:44 GMT (UK) »
My great grandfathers siblings were William, Walter, James, John, Daniel, Margaret and Jessie.
William was the only on to survive WW1, because he was not born until 1901.
All the boys were killed.

PM me when you find out, and I will see if I still have my tree online to email to you.

Pettsy  :)
Petts in Hertfordshire,Chelsea & New Zealand.<br />Swift in Islington, Chelsea &  Battersea.<br />Cox in Chelsea.<br />Carter in Chelsea.<br />Little in Westminster, London.<br />Munn & McAulay in Duntocher, Scotland.<br />
Munn New Jersey and Oz
Dwyer, McManus & Kiernan in Ireland.<br />Turner in Shrewsbury.<br />Cannon in London.<br />Porter in London.<br />Kinner in Chelsea, London.<br />Le Breton

Offline ladynicnak

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 26 October 08 15:31 GMT (UK) »
I should hear from my dad tomorrow so will be able to let you know then!!

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 26 October 08 15:52 GMT (UK) »
Thank you  ;)
Munn New Jersey and Oz

Offline Gilljohn

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 08 November 09 23:47 GMT (UK) »
I'll make a note of the details and go in for you, it's only along the road from me.
I read your email on Rootschat and wondered if you had any details of burials in the Old Kilpatrick cemetery as I haven't been able to find where my grandparents were buried, and the Gillies/Conboy family lived at 12 Tolbooth, Old Kilpatrick.   My grandfather was Angus Gillies (born Dumbarton 1885, died Knightswood Hospital in 1917 (Tb).  As his aunt Catherine (Gillies) Conboy lived in O/K I thought he may be there. Also his wife Jessie (died 1917 of Tb at Ruchill hosp.)    Any help you can give would be really appreciated.. Thanks,  Gillian (Australia)

Offline Okky1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Saturday 03 April 10 15:07 BST (UK) »
At one time did you either have to live in the area of the Cemetery or have money to be burried there?  My Gran &  her parents are all there just inside the gate. I hope to end up there but not for a long time. :)
Fulton.
Hannah/Mc Killop

Offline joette

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Monday 12 July 10 22:00 BST (UK) »
I think going by my family who are buried there from the 1870's onwards   many lived in OK & where members of the Parish Church or the Barclay Church also in OK.
The others were from Dalmuir/Clydebank.I am also planning to join my kin there but not for a long long time either.

Waddell-Perthshire,Dollar,Clydebank,Glasgow & USA.
Scott -Roxb,Midlothian.
McKimmies-Aberdeenshire,Banff,Morayshire,Niagara&NewJersey.Old Kilpatrick.
Lindley,Veitch-Canada.
Veitch-Peebles,Crawfordjohn,Midlothian.
Ross,Torrance,Brown,McDowall.
Greer/Simpson/Jenkins-Old Kilpatrick& Camelon Falkirk,Abbey/Neilston
Leitch-Abbey Parish.
Kerr/Carr.
Breakenridge/Liddell-Temple Midlothian.
Aitchison
Fraser/Barron/Coutts/Singer.
Waddell-USA after 1923.
McFarlanes-Midlothian/Australia.

Offline Norman Dunn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an Alexander Dunn in Old Kilpatrick Cemetery who died about 1918.
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday 14 May 13 20:00 BST (UK) »
My Grandfather Robert Dunn was born in Old Kilpatrick in 1881. As a young man he walked to Hebburn on the river Tyne  (England) for work pre 1912 & stayed in the town until he died in 1969. His wife Elizabeth followed later with their two children in 1912. We were told by the family that Robert's brother Alexander Dunn died of wounds received in WW1 & he was given a Military Funeral in Old Kilpatrick & the whole town turned out including the Provost.

My son Simon is now trying to find out anything on Alexander Dunn as we no nothing apart from what I've just said.

I was wondering if Alexander has a gravestone in the cemetery at Old Kilpatrick so when I saw how helpful some locals  have been I thought I'd ask if someone could take a look for me.

The Dunn's lived lived in a few places in Old Kilpatrick including Hunters Land, Scotts Land, Church Place & Ferry Dyke.

Thank you for reading this.
NORMAN DUNN