Author Topic: Old Kilpatrick Cemetery.  (Read 55927 times)

Offline king ranger

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Old Kilpatrick Cemetery.
« Reply #90 on: Friday 31 May 13 22:03 BST (UK) »
I contacted Dumbarton today and Marie kindly looked up the records for Old Kilpatrick Churchyard .Sad to say she could find no record of any Alexander Dunn being buried there or in Old Dalnottar either .I gave her some more information regarding Alexander which she will check out on Monday.

Offline Norman Dunn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Saturday 01 June 13 19:01 BST (UK) »
Hello Colin,
Thank you for continuing to look for Alexander. You are like a dog with a bone. I'm really grateful for you helping me. What a good person you are Colin.
Many thanks,
NORMAN

Offline king ranger

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Saturday 01 June 13 20:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Norman, well Norman we know Alexander excisted,we know he died in Larbert Hospital we have the date so why is it so hard to find his last resting place. If we were in a third world country i could understand, but this drives me crazy that in Scotland we have records going back hundreds of years yet trying to find where Alexanders last place of rest is so much of a problem  .Anyway hope you are enjoying your weekend away.
                                          Colin.

Offline Norman Dunn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Thursday 27 June 13 10:34 BST (UK) »
In mid May 2013 I asked for a bit help regarding my Grandfather's brother Alexander Nicol Dunn who was born in Old Kilpatrick in 1885.   Soon afterwards I was getting help so I would like to thank MMM45 & IMBER for the help they gave me initially. Since then I've had regular help from  King Ranger (Colin) & sometimes his lovely wife & daughter  who have trudged around Old Kilpatrick Cemetery trying to help me. What a lovely lot of folk get on websites like this one.
King Ranger has amazingly got me a copy of a 1927 newspaper clipping about Alexander's funeral in Old Kilpatrick with the great bonus that there's a photograph on it of Alex. So I now know he did have a Military style funeral & was a war hero with the Union Jack draping his Coffin & ex-servicemen attending. (I have attached the clipping if you'd like to read it) . Just recently I was beginning to think that I'd never find out if he'd had this nice funeral in his home town so thanks again to Colin & family .
Regards,
NORMAN

Offline IMBER

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Thursday 27 June 13 10:47 BST (UK) »
What a great result. Well done king ranger!

Imber
Skewis (Wales and Scotland), Ayers (Maidenhead, Berkshire), Hildreth (Berkshire)

Offline king ranger

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Thursday 27 June 13 23:05 BST (UK) »
Thank you Imber.

Offline HOUSE2000

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Thursday 26 March 15 10:50 GMT (UK) »
My ancestors - surname Colquhoun - lived at Hole Farm, Old Kilpatrick until sometime between 1851-61. Has anyone come across any headstones for the Colquhoun family? The deaths I know about are my Grt Grt Uncle, Robert C, died 1839 aged 2 and my Grt Grt Grt Grandfather, Walter C, died in 1816 aged 65. There could be many others too. Thank you.
McAdam - Dunbartonshire/Kilmaronock - Scotland
Colquhoun - Dunbartonshire - Luss/Cardross. Tayvallich
Hambley - Scotland and Cornwall
Giles - Lochgelly, Fife & Lanarkshire
Mathieson - Scotland
Deazeley - Scotland & Ireland
Yates - Lanarkshire
Gordon - Lanarkshire & Ireland
Whyte/White - Fife & Lanarkshire
McLaren - Perthshire & Dunbartonshire