Author Topic: Presentation  (Read 17552 times)

Offline genuisscuffy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Presentation
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 24 August 08 19:50 BST (UK) »
I too have gone the scrapebook route - only so you can add more pages if need be.  I wanted to show my children where we come from.  Originally my Mum wanted to find out who her Father was! and it started with getting her original birth cert. sadly she died last year but was really interested in how things were going - I just wish she had seen how far I've come now -from only my Mum and my children I've found 179 relatives!!
I especially wanted my children to be interested and so included photos (only a few) but also used ebay and got old postcards of the areas that the people were living.  Most postcards are only 1 - 2 and really bring the scrapebook to life!
Fielder (Portsmouth,Hants/Pembroke Dock, Wales)
Montague (Southsea, Hants)
Force (Portchester, Hants)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 18 January 18 10:40 GMT (UK) »
This thread is fascinating, and I should have realised that my recent chatty query had been gone over, in depth, many times before!

Thanks to all who contributed here, I have now got a little list to help me proceed.

BTW, as my project unites many parts of Europe I will probably insert little flags in too.
Rowse in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 18 January 18 10:48 GMT (UK) »
BTW, as my project unites many parts of Europe I will probably insert little flags in too.

Make sure the flags are relevant to the history, though!
European borders changed all the time; as did the flags ;D ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 18 January 18 11:01 GMT (UK) »

Make sure the flags are relevant to the history, though!
European borders changed all the time; as did the flags ;D ;D

Absolutely..... getting a suitable map is posing a bit of a problem too.
Rowse in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.