Author Topic: Presentation  (Read 28013 times)

Offline genuisscuffy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Presentation
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 24 August 08 19:50 BST (UK) »
I too have gone the scrapebook route - only so you can add more pages if need be.  I wanted to show my children where we come from.  Originally my Mum wanted to find out who her Father was! and it started with getting her original birth cert. sadly she died last year but was really interested in how things were going - I just wish she had seen how far I've come now -from only my Mum and my children I've found 179 relatives!!
I especially wanted my children to be interested and so included photos (only a few) but also used ebay and got old postcards of the areas that the people were living.  Most postcards are only £1 - 2 and really bring the scrapebook to life!
Fielder (Portsmouth,Hants/Pembroke Dock, Wales)
Montague (Southsea, Hants)
Force (Portchester, Hants)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 18 January 18 10:40 GMT (UK) »
This thread is fascinating, and I should have realised that my recent chatty query had been gone over, in depth, many times before!

Thanks to all who contributed here, I have now got a little list to help me proceed.

BTW, as my project unites many parts of Europe I will probably insert little flags in too.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 18 January 18 10:48 GMT (UK) »
BTW, as my project unites many parts of Europe I will probably insert little flags in too.

Make sure the flags are relevant to the history, though!
European borders changed all the time; as did the flags ;D ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 18 January 18 11:01 GMT (UK) »

Make sure the flags are relevant to the history, though!
European borders changed all the time; as did the flags ;D ;D

Absolutely..... getting a suitable map is posing a bit of a problem too.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Stanwix England

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Hopeless scatterbrain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 04 June 21 20:17 BST (UK) »
On this topic, does anyone know of a reliable and not too expensive way to 'publish' your family tree in paper form. Is there a company that will do this for you, assuming you provide the information of course.

I've got no printer myself and no access to one, we just don't use it enough to make the cost of having and storing one at home worth while. We've never replaced our old one for this reason.

Up until now, anyone whose had an interest in my tree has been a family member who is online so I've been able to share my work that way - however another relative would really like to see their section of the tree but they are not online at all. I would love to share it with them, but I think that printing it out in some way and arranging for it to be sent to them is my best choice.

;D Doing my best, but frequently wrong ;D
:-* My thanks to everyone who helps me, you are all marvellous :-*