Author Topic: KEMP, MITCHELL, EMSLIE, REID  (Read 13754 times)

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: KEMP, MITCHELL, EMSLIE, REID
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 12 August 12 13:16 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootshat! Just to let you know, daviren hasn't been on rootschat since February 2011. Hopefully some other rootschatters will be able to assist you. We're a friendly, helpful lot. lol
flst
P.S.Forgot to mention that once you've made 3 posts you'll be able to send a pm to daviren.
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline roundup

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 23 September 15 13:08 BST (UK) »
I am doing some research on Emslie for a friend.  Her ggggrandfather William Emslie was baptised at Lumphanan on 20 November 1769, his father was also William Emslie, of Brankholm.  William married Barbara Kemp in Limphanan on 15 December 1790.  I have no record of the deaths of William or Barbara and two possible baptisms for Barbara.  Can anybody help?

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 04 October 16 09:11 BST (UK) »
Hello Glendaveny,

Just checking that you have seen this new reply by roundup, spotted that you had been online recently.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 05 October 16 20:36 BST (UK) »
I have an MI from Tannadice, which reads, "Erected by William Elmslie, writer, Edinburgh, in memory of .... his father William late schoolmaster of Tannadice, who died on the 15th day of June 1821 aged 61 ....".

Assuming his age at death is correct, he would have been born in 1770/71. If anyone has any likely candidates I'd love to compare notes.

William Jr died in Edinburgh in 1833, by the way.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline JillyJ

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 04 January 22 16:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello all.
The  Emslie family i am researching are Harry (Henry) Emslie
1814 Kincardine O'Neil Aberdeenshire,
Married
 Eliza L Reny Berry 1821 Lumphanan Aberdeenshire,  they Emigrated to Canada with a daughter Jane Emslie 1852 Kincardine O'Neil Aberdeenshire.
Apparently Jane Married a George Nichol & it would break my brick wall if anyone has any information or could help out with this one.
Thank you.