Author Topic: McKechnie of Calton Glasgow  (Read 2503 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
Re: McKechnie of Calton Glasgow
« Reply #9 on: Monday 01 January 18 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Daniel McKechnie passed away aged 75 years - 8 February 1939 Manhattan New York
Certificate - 3606
Burial Calvary Cemetery. NYC 10 february 1939.  Daniel was widowed. Occupation Painter.
Resided - 213 East 70 St. Manhattan. NY
Parents Arthur McKechnie and mother Catherine Campbell

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2W2Q-B9H  (you do need to be signed in to family search to view the record - costs nothing to sign up)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline SAKennedy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McKechnie of Calton Glasgow
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 07 April 18 20:16 BST (UK) »
I’m also researching a John McKechnie who married Mary Scott in Paisley High Church 25th September 1815. My dad is (so far) a 5th generation John McKechnie so I’m trying to see how far back I can get.
Other associated names;
Margaret McLatchie
Bridget Hannah
Daniel O’Brien
Sarah Jane Davidson
Daniel Murphy
Margaret O’Brien

If any of these names mean anything to you, please get in touch

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.