Author Topic: 1841/51 Census Lookup request - Saddleworth.  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Michael

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1841/51 Census Lookup request - Saddleworth.
« on: Friday 24 September 04 05:48 BST (UK) »
G'day -

Edward Stafford (b. c-1830 Brookbotton, Mossley, Saddleworth, York) married Annie Fitzgerald (b. c-1834 from Birr, County Offaly, Ireland) Ashton-Under-Lyne c-1859.

Edward died in 1879 and the 1881 census shows Annie and her children living at 83 Lees Rd. Mossley in District of Saddleworth.  Childrens births recorded as Mossley/Yorkshire.  Annie was a greengrocer as was her husband prior to his death. 

I would appreciate a check on the 1841 and 51 census for Saddleworth to identify the parents and siblings of Edward. 

Also - if a check could be made re any associated relatives for Annie Fitzgerald as it would appear she had nephews born in that area and may have come from Ireland with her parents and siblings.

Thank you,

Michael.
Donovan (Cork, Middlesex, Tasmania, N.S.W)
Stafford (York /Lancashire, Mossley, Melbourne, Sydney)
Sawyer (Middlesex, N.S.W.)
Watson (Ripley, Derby)
Fitzgerald (Birr, Ireland, Mossley, Lancashire / York)

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/51 Census Lookup request - Saddleworth.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 September 04 13:20 BST (UK) »
Hiya Michael.
I've looked through the 1841 Census and can't locate your Staffords.  There are quite a few pages on the 1841 that are unreadable and probably your relatives are on these pages.

Fitty
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe