Author Topic: JOHN JAMES THOMAS B 1872 Anglesey  (Read 1528 times)

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
JOHN JAMES THOMAS B 1872 Anglesey
« on: Saturday 11 February 06 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am trying to find relatives of my Great Great Uncle John James Thomas. John was born in 1872 in Rhosneigr and his parents were William Thomas b 1841 Llechylched - a Blacksmith) and Elizabeth Price b 1841 Liverpool. John married a lady named Catherine and they lived in Colwyn Bay.

He was a builder and, according to Family stories, had something to do with the building of Eirias Park. He also built houses on at least 3 streets in Colwyn Bay - Kenneth Avenue, Gordon Avenue and Norman Avenue.

The Kenneth Avenue is named after my Father - Kenneth Gordon Thomas b 1935 Pensaerwen - his Great Nephew. He asked my Grandmother what she was calling her new son and when she told him the names he said he would name one of his streets after him and so that is what he is supposed to have done.

I know,thanks to a newly found 2nd cousin, that he was still alive in the 1950's but was very ill. His wife had died but he had a housekeeper named Edith. He is buried in Rhos on Sea.

Apparently he named the two other streets after his sons so somewhere there must be relatives of a Norman Thomas and a Gordon Thomas unless the Gordon Avenue was named after my Dad as well (which would make him very big headed lol)

Does anyone know anything about this family and whether there are relatives still living in Colwyn Bay or area? I would be very grateful if you could get in touch.

Thanks for reading

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>