Author Topic: 1864 birth ELDRIDGE  (Read 758 times)

Offline Alistair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1864 birth ELDRIDGE
« on: Sunday 12 February 06 03:01 GMT (UK) »
A Charlotte Ann Eldridge wasa born in Midhurst in 1864. She could be my grandmother. Her parents would then have been Alfred Eldridge and Sarah Ann Eldridge nee Webb. Alfred may have been dead before the birth. This is a long shot as the previous record of the family is at Canterbury. Could the details of this birth be checked please?
                         Regards & Thanks
                        Alistair

Offline gougy

• I am sorry my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1864 birth ELDRIDGE
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 February 06 08:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Extracted record from the IGI...

Charlotte ELDRIDGE bapt 15 May 1864 at Bepton
Parents - John ELDRIDGE and Emma

The village of Bepton falls in the Midhurst District so I guess this is the record you're looking for. And not your Charlotte  :(
Sussex:<br />Lishers of Sompting, Cunninghams of Houghton, Hammonds of Angmering, Humphrey, Hambleton, Ayling, Pope, Gent<br />
London: Le Franc, Watson, Read<br />
Cornwall: Phillips of St. Ives, Chappells of Penwith<br />Ireland: O'Connors of Co. Clare<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alistair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1864 birth ELDRIDGE
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 February 06 08:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Gougy,
                           It was a long shot looking for my grandmother in Sussex. On four different census records she was born in 1) the Strand London. 2) Canterbury, 3) Enland and 4) Does not know. It sure makes family history interesting,
               Regards
                      Alistair