Author Topic: Oliver Gasson  (Read 8297 times)

Offline maggie compton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Oliver Gasson
« Reply #9 on: Monday 26 May 14 23:35 BST (UK) »
To everyone, who is asking about Oliver Gasson b 1886, I am Oliver's Grandaughter,Margaret.
my mother was Flora Edith Gasson b 1919 in Gloucestershire.She dropped her first name of Flora when she married,Richard Joseph Ball in 1940 at Star of The Sea Roman Catholic Church in Hastings.
Would love to hear from anyone who knows more of the Family, as I have done a lot of research on the Gasson Family and the Families that are connected by marriage.
                                              Maggie Compton

Offline jaynef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 12 August 17 23:19 BST (UK) »
Hello
Not too sure if you are still searching for the gasson family of Hastings but my grandma was olive gasson her father was Thomas Gasson brother of your Oliver gasson..if that would be helpful

Offline maggie compton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 12 August 17 23:52 BST (UK) »
Hi,
     Yes I am still doing my Gasson family tree, no one seems to know much about Oliver, my cousin John Gasson, who used to live in Hastings, but now in Thailand, said he was Rachel's favourite, she was the daughter of John and Rachel.Would love to know if anyone knows more about him, or any photos exist of Oliver. The only photo I have is Oliver sitting on his dad's knee with his mum and brothers and sisters.Rachel was pregnant again at the time it was taken.
Hope to hear from you.
                          Maggie.

Offline jaynef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 12 August 17 23:55 BST (UK) »
I remember my dad mentioned Rachel I think she was a favourite of my nan they called her aunty pet! But all of my relatives have passed away now just wish I asked when they were still here..I do have a copy of the family photo of the gassons I could email a copy to you although I think it is online..I will find the website for it and send the link to you I think it could be the same one you have tho.

Offline jaynef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 13 August 17 11:30 BST (UK) »
I do have photos of Rachel his sister and her husband but I don't think I have anything on Oliver, I could ask my dad if her remembers anything about Oliver, I will let you know
Jayne

Offline maggie compton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 13 August 17 14:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Jayne,
                 The photo I have and on my Ancestry.co tree is the family one. And my Grandfather Oliver is the baby in white on his dad's knee. I have picture of John and Rachel at Bodium Castle, and of them both in a formal picture. My son James has the same facial likeness to John.We go down to Hastings quite often, and go through the records, John and Rachael are buried at The Ridge Cemetery, also Reuben and his wife Barbara. And many more of the family too. Also at Church in The Wood.
Maggie

Offline maggie compton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 13 August 17 15:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Jayne,
                 Your Nan's dad Thomas, is my great-uncle, I have your Nan on my tree, but have no Spouse for her yet?
                   Thomas married Ellen Elizabeth Adams,in 1903.
                    Olive's brother Thomas Edward  married Edith Mary Jeffrey, in 1927, and their son John, b 1935 is my 2nd Cousin.

Maggie.

Offline jaynef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 13 August 17 16:11 BST (UK) »
Hello
My grandma's spouse is Reginald Riley they would have married in 1946, they had my dad along with 2 other sons and a daughter.
They moved up north.
Thomas is your grandfather's brother and Oliver passed away in 1965, I have seen online that he was in new Zealand, but he died in England. I asked my dad about Oliver but know nothing about him.
Aunty Rachel was widowed quiet young I think about 1914 she lost her son bobby very young around 1914..her husband was Robert timms..
Charity and grace married brothers and moved to Vancouver in 1912..
I hope this is helpful and not confusing
Jayne

Offline jaynef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 13 August 17 16:26 BST (UK) »
My dad had been to the cemetery and see John and Rachel's graves. but I haven't seen any records, I have been to the fishermen museum because my grandma's maternal parents are fishermen in Hastings, I have also been told the museum in the old town is helpful too.
Granny and grandma gasson  family lived in ore.
Olive had s twin sister Joan
Do you need my grandmothers family? Her sisters and brothers?
Jayne