Author Topic: KNEEBONE, Redruth, Cornwall  (Read 4788 times)

Offline Good Doctor

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
KNEEBONE, Redruth, Cornwall
« on: Monday 19 January 04 20:58 GMT (UK) »
I'm researching the Kneebone Family originally from Redruth, Cornwall.  Believe the family left England approx 1887.  I know that they were in the Great Johnstown Flood (in Pa. ) of 1889.  I also know that Mary Emily Kneebone was married 11 June1896 to Martin Luther McClintock and had 8 children (4 boys and 4 girls).  One of the girls was my mother.  Any information would be most appreciated and most helpful

Offline babic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re:Kneebone, Redruth, Cornwall
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 January 04 11:34 GMT (UK) »
hello i saw your message,have you tried looking for you family at www.familysearch.com i looked up your name and there are many but i only saw one in redruth i just went to england on the countries window and there where quite a few of them hope this helps you kathy

Offline Good Doctor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 January 04 15:20 GMT (UK) »
 :)Hello Kathy,
     Thank you for the quick come back!!!  Yes, I've tried the familysearch.com many time and have even visited several of the locations but to no avail.  This line just seems to have dropped off the end of the world after the big flood.  I have contacted several Kneebones in the Pa. area and they don't want to know.  I found them to be a rather miserable lot.  Thanks again.  Keep the Faith. Doc

Offline babic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 21 January 04 19:34 GMT (UK) »
i guess it depends in which area of pa. their from,most of my folks went to ocseola mills pa. and they're a great group of people alot of info. from one great cousin there and one in new york,and just recently found one in cal. although the one in calf. has me a bit confused,good luck. my ex-husbands family was from johnston and in the flood also (flick,and mcclairan families) kathy

Offline Good Doctor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 21 January 04 22:11 GMT (UK) »
 :)My grandmother, Mary Emily Kneebone had a cousin, Nannie Kneebone who married a Stephen Nichols and immigrated to Denver, CO.  I have a letter from her written to my grandmother.  I going to attempt to make contact through her family and get some additional data on Mary Emily's family.  I know that Mary Emily's father went back to England and died there.  From other letter I have assertain that her mother remarried and that her stepfather was dirty mean old man.  I don't know how her mother and father were living, ie separated, divorced or what.  However, he died in England about 189? something.  Could you give me a bit more info on your ex's family, if it's not to painful.  Keep the Faith.  
Doc

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kneebone, Redruth, Cornwall
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 12 March 08 13:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

i was just having a look at this

do you know when your Mry Emily Kneebone was born, i.e how olds was she when she married and what her father sname was, then we can help you look

the only Mary Emily Kneebone bith i can see is June Qtr 1910 Redruth so not your one she could hoever be losted under just Mary or just Emily as it wasnt uncommone to go byt he middle name.

now i did see this census entry in 1881 :~
RG11 4282 22 38

19 Lancaster Street Dalton

James Kneebone head mar. 36 Iron Miner b. Redruth
Mary wife 37 b. do.
Georgina dau. 16 b. do.
Emily 14 dau. b. do.
Edith dau. 8 scholar b. do.
William son 5 do. b. Dalton Lancs
Thomas son 1 b. do.
W H Horton boarder unm. 27 Iron Miner (no POB given)
James Boundy unm.  boarder 34 do. b. Redruth
Richard Boundy boarder 13 scholar b. do.

Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive