Author Topic: josiah glue - help please!!!  (Read 18528 times)

Offline R.Chick

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: josiah glue - help please!!!
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 06 February 16 11:19 GMT (UK) »
Nice to meet you, Sticky and I'm looking forward to all the information I can get.

I've been in contact with DGlew and Heaven who also have been very generous with their help.

Regards Rhonda

Offline Tassierae

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 23 September 17 09:03 BST (UK) »
Hi my name is Raelene and Margaret Glue was my great, great grandmother. It was always said that Rachel was fathered by William Tully before they married as his mothers name was Rachel. I believe that there were 2 daughters born before her marriage to William. She sure was an amazing woman having 17 children. William and Margaret's son Joseph George Tully was my great grandfather. It's funny as a descendent of Daniel Mumberson married my mothers brother so she is both my cousin and my Aunty. Haha

Offline R.Chick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 01:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Raelene. Such a lovely surprise to hear from you.  My sister has more information than me and when told her about hearing from you, she almost fell over with excitement haha. If agreeable to you, I can try to work out how to PM you both our email addresses (haven't done it for a while).

I look forward to hearing about any further family history you have/know :D (especially how your Aunt is also your cousin - now that has my mind spinning lol - and the fact we now live 10 minutes from where your great grandfather, Joseph George, was buried).

Rhonda

Offline Tassierae

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 10:56 BST (UK) »
Yes it would be lovely to share some information. My Aunty who is a Mumberson lives in the tweed area. My father took used to take me to the houses in bilambil where William Tully and where Joseph lived and full of wonderful stories. I have some wonderful old pictures of the Tully's. Look forward to further communication. I assume that you live on the tweed too as that was where Joseph Tully and his father William were buried. X

Offline Jaejae40

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 06:12 BST (UK) »
I'm new to Rootschat and would be very interested in the information re the descendants of Thomas and Thomason Glew/Glue who may have come to Australia in the 1870's onward. Particularly the sisters  Alice Jane or Jane(Alice) and a Mary Anne. I would grateful for any help. They were born in Rogate Sussex.

Offline mossvaliant

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 10 March 20 23:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone,
I am related to the Mumbersons via my great great grandfather George Glue. I am currently researching Daniel (or maybe its William) Mumberson.
My records show he was born in Jamberoo on Sep 16 1854, married Rachel Anne Tully in Burrawang on July 11 1882 and died in Berrima on July 21 1928.
I've tried to verify those dates via NSW BDMs but can't find anything.
Any ideas?
Many thanks

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 10 March 20 23:58 GMT (UK) »
Sydney Anglican Parish Registers

July 11th 1882, Burrawang

Daniel MUMBERSON, bachelor, (born) Jamberoo, a labourer, aged 'Above' of Burrawang, father as Daniel Mumberson, a labourer and mother as Barbara Lambuster, 
married at the Parsonage, Burrawang according to the rites of the Church of England
Rachel Ann GLUE, a spinster, (born) Camden, aged 'Under', of Burrawang, father as William Tully, a labourer, and mother as Margaret Glue. 
Rev David T SMITH,  Witnesses William Hill and Jane Smith.
ALL signed their names except Rachel Ann Glue who made her X mark.

NSW BDM has this as Daniel MUMBERSON and Rachel Ann GLUE, registered Robertson district, and registration number 3939 / 1882.

ADD,
Re Ages.... so Daniel was 'Above'  ie more than 21 years of age, and Rachel was 'Under', so not yet 21 years of age.   :)  She would have needed parental consent to marry.  It is not noted on the parish register image that I have transcribed above.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 11 March 20 00:08 GMT (UK) »
Civil Registration for bdm did not commence in NSW until 1856.   
There are three births registered at NSW BDM online index that may be of interest, as they are likely the younger siblings for Daniel.

NSW BDM online index births MUMBERSON
Sarah E, parents as Daniel and Barbara, registered Kiama district, #7449/1857
Mathias, parents as Daniel and Barbara, registered Kiama district  #7935/1860
Mary, parents as Daniel and Barbary (sic) , registered Kiama district #9278/1864.

An official transcription of Mary's birth registration should give you details of all her older siblings, and where/when her parents were born, married.  Scroll through :  https://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyhistory

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline mossvaliant

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Daniel Mumberson
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 11 March 20 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Dear JM
Thank you for your quick response and giving me so much more information regarding Daniel M. and Rachel.
I wonder why she used the family name Glue instead of Tully?
I have no idea why I couldn't find the marriage details - I didnt use Robertson as the district though.
The Berrima Historical Society published an article re his father (also Daniel) and mentioned his children but Daniel was omitted - hence my confusion.
Many thanks
IMc