Author Topic: 1880 census lookup Ontario  (Read 11688 times)

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1880 census lookup Ontario
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 19 February 06 10:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi JJ and Karen,
First i must thank you both for your time and effort, it's good to know you are not on your own. JJ your new find William McArthur born 1862 the year is good my William was born Lanarkshire Glasgow Scotland is there anyway you could confirm this?
Now Mary I have 100% in New Jersey 1920-1930. When I first searched for McArthur family in US in IGI all I found was
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

But no Duncan or Margaret or William,then a few days later I found  Margaret Mc Arthur on 1880 census from IGI she is Lobo Middlesex North, Ontario and then we have your new finds so the puzzle goes on!
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 19 February 06 14:56 GMT (UK) »
Just found this on IGI I think it could be him as father was a groom.
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 19 February 06 15:53 GMT (UK) »
no, nothing on the information except Scotland, I am afraid...

Had you looked into the household on the one you found on the 1881?
Maybe it wouldn't let you, as right now the site is sluggish and sometimes
won't let  you in. There is another widow Magaret... but she says she is from Ireland and there is an extra son James....
   Do you know any of these birth dates for sure as the one in 1873 are distant from the ones elsewhere
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 19 February 06 16:16 GMT (UK) »
in WENTWORTH & BRANT Ontario
Just tried shortened Wm on 1901...and found one! Wth a wife and one child..
says he came from Scotland in 1873....born 1863!
When you find it just click on blue link and then go to top of page and split
screen...choose lower(32-43) and use arrows to scroll right...

The one I found in 1881 was in Beverly, Wentworth North, Ontario

No sign of Margaret, though....
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 19 February 06 16:54 GMT (UK) »
That last one sounds perfect I hope I'm not being thick but I haven't got 1901 census for Ontario only UK.
The one I found (groom ) tried to find in 1891-1901 nothing also searched freebmd for marriage nothing. I do like the sound of your one. :)

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 19 February 06 17:37 GMT (UK) »
JJ just noticed you have Roddick in your list have you been in touch with Steve who has been researching Roddicks for twenty years? And you have Craig from scotland!

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 19 February 06 21:40 GMT (UK) »
Well, I believe someone popped it on the page earlier, but you may have missed it
http://automatedgenealogy.com/census/cache/index.html

I usually always have my source link, but was in a hurry this morn....

No, I will certainly have to talk to this steve..I am also searching Craigs as my great Gma was Craig...Edinburgh, Midlothian & Aberdeen....haven't done much on that side, as yet,...
Just looking at Roddicks as a great aunt was married to one...like to see some of the whole picture, not just direct ancestry....guess that's just as much fun for me,
as I find it all so interesting. Wish I had done it when my brain was younger
and I had less "Brain Fog" ;D

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 19 February 06 22:07 GMT (UK) »
  Speaking of brain fog...this is started to get very muddied for me...wonder if
we can get all info on one reply that you know for sure...in order...to keep us on
 track as I think Karen lost you, also on the multiple name track back there....
 Please put all in order for us, what you know to be right...Births, aho had who
census dats or extras..."just abouts" for date is  fine...  Thanks...

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 19 February 06 23:16 GMT (UK) »
Margaret Roddick born 1820-1830 Stranraer parents William roddick/Jane Craig.
Margaret Roddick marries William Walker a tailor ? and has a son William Walker 1844 William Walker senior dies?
Margaret marries second time 1866 Duncan McArthur they go to US info on above message Mary Walker McArthur their grandaughter is with them and a William McArthur is Duncan and Margaret's son on entry through Castle Gardengarden 1873 he is 10 making his birth 1863 on 1871 census his age is 4 making his birth year 1867.
The William McArthur you found in 1901 arriving 1873 and born 1863 sits quite well if I have left anything out do please tell me.
Terri
Ps by 1868 William Walker Margaret's son from first marriage is married to a Mary Hughes they have a daughter in 1869 and mother Mary Hughes dies 10 days after birth and then in 1871 census we have Margaret McArthur at home with grandaughter Mary Walker McArthur and Duncan and Margaret's son William McArthur. It is this family that go to US and that I can't find which lead me to my original search and find of Margaret McArthur in Ontario.