Author Topic: Mary McEVOY - Parish Records  (Read 5845 times)

Offline daddyg3

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary McEVOY - Parish Records
« on: Sunday 19 February 06 10:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to find out all I can about my Grandmother:

Mary Katherine McEvoy born approx 7 June 1900, Waterford.

Believed to have lived at 5 Clashrae Place (unsure of spelling here), Waterford. And siblings were possibly Agnes and Thomas.

She married Frank Herbert Radford in Waterford on 15/09/1921.

I know nothing of her parants and do not yet have index numbers to order marriage certificate.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline Garcia

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Mary McEVOY - Parish Records
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 October 06 13:53 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have just started tracing my family tree. I have McAvoys from Kill St. Nicholas in the 1700 . They were Thomas McAvoy born 1761 and his father John McAvoy born 1735. I am not sure who I am sending this to as I haven't worked my way round this site yet but any useful reply will be gratfully received. thanks.

Offline lisduggan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 October 06 19:09 BST (UK) »
Hi
My grandmother came from may lane waterford  she lived there from 1920 to 1960 may lane  and clashare place were off the yellow road would this be of any help to you .
regards
irish..

Offline Quester

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 July 15 21:25 BST (UK) »
 Hi Garcia,
 I have only just seen this post as I was browsing. Thomas was my 4x gt. grandfather, so we must be related to each other! Perhaps we can pool some info?
 Best wishes from Quester.
Hi, I have just started tracing my family tree. I have McAvoys from Kill St. Nicholas in the 1700 . They were Thomas McAvoy born 1761 and his father John McAvoy born 1735. I am not sure who I am sending this to as I haven't worked my way round this site yet but any useful reply will be gratfully received. thanks.

Offline vasaborg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 10:37 BST (UK) »
1909-1910 Thom directory has a Mary McEvoy , householder at 5 Clashrea Place , have you looked at the 1901 and 1910 census ?

Offline Quester

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 10:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Vasaborg, :)
 Thank you for your reply. I am not related to Mary McEvoy, only Thomas born 1761, he is the one I am interested in and I have traced his line right up to my grandad who was born in 1891 in Plumstead, Kent.
I don't think there is a connection between Mary and Thomas.
The spelling changed from McAvoy to Mackavoy in Thomas's case incidently. His father John spelt it with the Mc, but Thomas spelt it Mackavoy.
 Thomas and all of his children lived in Deptford, Kent and there were many other Mackavoy's before him living in Deptford and so I have often wondered if Thomas was not from Waterford at all although the IGI states this is so, but I have not been able to link all the earlier Mackavoys in Deptford to Thomas so far. If any one can it would be good to find out.
Regards Quester.