Author Topic: Thomas Holliday  (Read 7616 times)

Offline Good Doctor

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Thomas Holliday
« on: Wednesday 21 January 04 00:51 GMT (UK) »
 ???Looking for ancestors of Thomas Holliday born 1766 in Scotland.  Immigrated to US and settled in Pa. don't know when, where from or where to.  Raised 11 children and died 1854.  I have 14 generations of Holliday from him but nothing on him or any of his ancestors.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated to say the least. Doc

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re:Thomas Holliday
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 January 04 01:13 GMT (UK) »
Was he from Dumfrieshire?
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Good Doctor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re:Thomas Holliday
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 January 04 22:01 GMT (UK) »
 ;)My Thomas Holliday was originally from Annandale, which I believe is in Dumfriesshire, Scotland.  Like I said before I don't know when he left, how he left nor where he landed in the good old USA.  I know that he ended up in Cumberland County, Pa. and then Lower Turkeyfoot Twp, Somerset County, Pa.  I believe his wife was Walsh and her name was Elizabeth.  Other than that, you know as much as I do.  Keep the Faith.  Doc

Offline wlh4593

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Holliday
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 July 04 17:19 BST (UK) »
I realize you are looking for ancestors of Thomas Holliday, I am one of his descendants and would love to hear what information you have on any descendants/ancestors.  The Holliday family stayed in the Southern Somerset County PA/ Northern Garrett County MD area.

Offline Good Doctor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 21 July 04 02:35 BST (UK) »
 :)I have 14 generations of Hollidays starting with Thomas Holliday (dob 1766).  He came from Annandale, Scotland.  I'm not sure just when or where he entered the United States.  However, he lived in Somerset County (Lower Trukeyfoot Twp).  I'm from the Alexander Jackson Holliday side of the family.  I still have two brothers that live in Confluence, Pa.  I also have 14 generation of McClintocks and 10 generations of Gowers.  As you most likely know, the Hollidays, McClintocks and the Gowers intermarried numerous times.  It's a wonder any of us can read and write or carry on an intelligent conversation.  Give me a snail mail address and I'll send you a disk with my data.  All my data is offline.   How are you lated?  Where do you currently live and are you a Holliday on you husband, mother or father side?  I have a boat load of question for you.  Keep the Faith.  I will be awaiting you reply.  Believe me I'd be more than happy to share my data with you.  Best Regards, Doc Holliday. ;)

Offline longshanks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 01 August 04 21:54 BST (UK) »
Probably best to look under Halliday, and in such Annandale locations as Annan, Ecclefechan, Lochmaben, Lockerbie, and Moffat. The commoner form is HALLIDAY, and Holliday seems to be more of an American form.  There was an early focus of Hallidays north of Moffat at Ericstane Ha'/ Devil's Beeftub.
Beattie,Edwards,Hope,Jarman,McLuckie, Meason, Murray, Summers, Welsh, Wilde, Wemyss, Wright

Offline Good Doctor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 09 April 05 20:54 BST (UK) »
 :) Hello wlh5493, I'm still waiting for you to send me an email so I can fwd my data to you ref to Thomas Holliday.  I'm in the process of pulling my book together so now is a good time to get a disk of all the material.  I'd also like to compare some notes with you.  Keep the Faith.
PS: You can contact me here or at "(*)" ;)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline PJVA

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 30 August 11 05:06 BST (UK) »
:) Hello wlh5493, I'm still waiting for you to send me an email so I can fwd my data to you ref to Thomas Holliday.  I'm in the process of pulling my book together so now is a good time to get a disk of all the material.  I'd also like to compare some notes with you.  Keep the Faith.
PS: You can contact me here or at "(*)" ;)

The Thomas Holliday you mentioned from Annandale, Scotland who died in Turkeyfoot, Somerset PA 1854 is the 4th great grandfather of Cardinal Baseball player Matt Holliday.       

1  Thomas Holliday  b. 1768 Scotland - d. 1854  Lower Turkeyfoot, Somerset Co, PA   m. Elizabeth Short 1793
....2  John C. Holliday b. 1803 Addison, somerset, PA  -  d. 1883 Addison, Somerset Co, PA   m.  Sarah Ann Robinson
.......3  Elijah Holliday b. 1850 Addison, Somerset Co, PA - d. 1912 Forthill, Slibaugh Cemetery  m. Mary Jane Gower
...........4  Russell b. Feb 1884  Addison, Somerset Co, PA    m. Mary
...............5  *
...................6  *
.......................7  *

care to compare info?

Pam

Offline PJVA

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 30 August 11 05:12 BST (UK) »
I realize you are looking for ancestors of Thomas Holliday, I am one of his descendants and would love to hear what information you have on any descendants/ancestors.  The Holliday family stayed in the Southern Somerset County PA/ Northern Garrett County MD area.

Did you know that the Cardinal Baseball player Matt Holliday is related to the same line?   Thomas Holliday (1768-1854) was his 4th great grandfather!        Matt Holiday, *, *, Russell, Elijah, John C.,  Thomas ).

Do you have info on the Holliday line in Annandale?