Author Topic: McGRORY/McRORY - Irish Connections?  (Read 4123 times)

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
Re: McGRORY/McRORY - Irish Connections?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 23 November 07 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello
We are doing research on Robert Morrison.  Were his parents Jeanie mcReynolds and Thomas Morrison?

Yes!  We have the same family. 

and from the PM you sent me, you have answered a question for me, before I got the chance to ask it!

you wrote -
Looking for info on Robert Morrison Fanny Smith born in Ireland
also Robert Morrison son of Thomas Morrison son of above any help lived Duntocher old kilpatrick

I suspected that the Tommy Morrison that married Jeannie McReynolds was the son of Robert Morrison and Fanny Smith, but I had no seen his marriage certificate to prove it.  So thank you for confirming that for me!   :D

How are you related to the family?

I (and a few others on this forum) am related to you on two fronts -
Margaret Morrison, daughter of Alexander Morrison (son of Robert and Fanny)  married my great Uncle John Stewart

and Margaret (Greta) McGrory, widow of Robert Morrison, (son of Tommy and Jeannie) married my great uncle George Stewart. 

George Stewart and John Stewart were two of the sons of of William Stewart and Flora McLure McIntyre Murray.  Their sister Margaret was my grandmother.

go here to see a picture of George in his HLI uniform -
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,267077.0.html

Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline urrisned

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McGRORY/McRORY - Irish Connections?
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 26 June 18 19:14 BST (UK) »
 HI,  YA  I AM  ONE  JIMMY McGory  CELTIC,  HIS  G/FATHER  AND  MY  G/GMOTHER,  WERE

BROTHER  AND  SISTER