Author Topic: The Grant Family - Hungerford  (Read 2980 times)

Offline annaandchester

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The Grant Family - Hungerford
« on: Wednesday 22 February 06 21:24 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for living relatives of a George Grant b 1884 who married in 1905 in Canada, a Mary Louisa Wood b 1886.

I know that they had at least one son - Arthur in 1910.

His parents were called Isaac and Hannah Grant.

It isnt so much this family that I am interested in - it is more Mary Louisa's family but anything on this family at all will help.

Is there any Grants out there that recognise any of this.

McLeods - Hartlepool, Liverpool, Inverness(?)<br />Simpsons - Carlisle, Westmorland<br />Harris - Carlisle, Kent<br />Reads - Birmingham and Staffordshire<br />Allens - Marylebone London<br />Zych - Poland
Holmes - Bawdsey, Suffolk
Perks - Hampshire
McQueen - Carlisle
Carrick - Carlisle
Haugh - Carlisle
Irving - Irving
Collett - Bredon, Worcester
Harrison - Carlisle
Knight - Carlisle
Thompson - Carlisle
Johnstone - Carlisle
Rogerson - Dumfries and Carlisle
Wood - Ontario

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: The Grant Family - Hungerford
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 August 22 13:42 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have a little interest of one Grant of Hungerford Berkshire family.
My interest George Grant bp. 5 Jan 1735 Hungerford; parents Alexander Grant and Sarah White. I suggest that Sarah may have died soon after the birth of her son.
1739 Will of Thomas Horn of Sanden Fee, a collar maker bequeathed young Alexander Grant favourably. It was also written
George Grant, son of Alexander Grant and his later wife, who was also a daughter of George White.
Rees: innkeeper/farmer/solicitor, Haverfordwest, Wales; Menzies: innkeeper, Glen Lyon, Scotland;
Tomkins: merchants, London;  Lee:  farmers, Watford Village, Northamptonshire; Pocock, teachers, Bristol; Grace: doctors, cricketers, Gloucestershire; Day: lithographers, London; Clark:  teachers, Folkstone.
Banks: farmer/curriers/shoemakers, East Ham, Bermondsey, East End