Author Topic: MOTT/MOTTE/MOTTS, All  (Read 106180 times)

Offline jackie walker

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: MOTT/MOTTE/MOTTS, All
« Reply #63 on: Friday 25 February 05 22:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fred

Yes thank you I have made a note of Elizabeth Ann's marriage reference.

Regards

Jackie

Offline msv

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Saturday 26 February 05 08:42 GMT (UK) »
Fred

I've spoken to Juan Riu (jnr) and he says he is certain that the names are correct (although the family do not seem to talk to each other..........so who knows)

Joan went to USA to get married. (she was virtually 'cut' off by the family for marrying an older foreigner)

The rest of the family stayed in England.

I'll post new info as and when I get it.

mark
Vigurs / Rodwell / Kite / Molcher-Malsher
and any variants of the above.

Cornwall, Beds, Berks, Kent, Northants, Norfolk, London

Offline Art Mott

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Monday 21 March 05 16:43 GMT (UK) »
Let me introduce myself...

My name is Arthur H. Mott Jr.
I live in Illinois,USA.

The reason I am contacting you is; I have been looking for some information on my Grandfather and was wandering if you could possibly help me ? I have acquired a bit of information on him ,what I am looking for are the Parents of my Grandfather....here is the information I have on him as follows;

Marcius Mott b:abt.1854....d: 1878he was married to
Henrietta (Yant) Mott married in 1875, 19, March
Henrietta was born abt.1858 and not sure on death.
We do know they were married in McDonough County,IL. (Lee township) in 1875
We also have this information on Henrietta (yant) Mott;
Ms. Yant was living with her guardians at the time they were married.
I do have a copy of there marriage license..and it states as follows;
Marcius Mott of Lee Township in the County of Fulton,IL. at the age of 21 and Ms. Yant of Lee township in the county of Fulton, IL. at the age of 16..
Witness; Allaen Sparks, County Clerk...at his office in, Macomb (city then)...
Any information would be helpful.

As I have said we are really in need of the Parents name of Mardius.......any information would be greatly appreciated.

Offline jeanharris

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Sunday 24 April 05 10:42 BST (UK) »
Hi everybody

A new Mott line from Hadleigh Suffolk!

Got Census/ birth/ marriage info etc on:

Grandfather - Arthur Mott b 1862 Hadleigh Suffolk, married Charlotte Allen (b 1857) 1857

Gt Grdfthr -  William Ranson Mott b Hadleigh 1832, married Louisa Adney Rashbrook(b 1835) 1852

Don't have much info on:
Gt Gt Grdfthr William Mott b?? married Martha Stow(b 1796) Hadleigh 1826

Illman-Sussex,Surrey and Kent. Marsh -Kent. Pack -Kent. Rolfe- Kent.  McClelland -Londonderry, Harris- Norfolk. Oakey, Okey- Ely Camb. Mott -Suffolk. Twin- Essex,Topley- Kent,Filmer- Kent,Harvey- Kent.Ward Kent.

Offline mottman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Sunday 24 April 05 13:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Jean,
Saw your Mott info today. Nice to have yet another person interested in the Mott's.
According to my files William Ranson Mott was baptised 27 February 1833 in Hadleigh, son of William and Martha (Stow), as you said, and brother to Martha (1827). I don't have any other children to this marriage - do you?
I am assuming a year of 1805 for father William's birth. There is a William Mott recorded in Whites Directory for Suffolk (1844) being ' a Butcher of Bridge Street, Hadleigh'. I guess he could be the same person?
William Ranson married in 1852, as you know, marriage registered in Ipswich. The only issue I have for them are William (1862); Kate E(1866); and Cyril (1870). I have Arthur on file, but not as son to William and Louisa (simply because I had no further info on him regarding parents).
The Arthur born 1862 was registered in Sudbury, and according to the 1881 census was 'Aged 19 years. Unmarried. Groom. Born Shimpling.' His address in the census was The Hall, Bentworth, Hampshire, in the household of Ann Wigley, a widow.
I would appreciate it if you could let me have any info on other issue, either to William and Martha (Stow) or to William Ranson & Louisa.
Best wishes,
Fred
Mott; Mote; Motts; Moat; Moate; Moats etc.

Offline jeanharris

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Monday 25 April 05 12:32 BST (UK) »
Hi tradelin
I don't have any more info on Martha and William childen.
I have Martha christening as 26/4/1796 (IGI) so assumed William would be born about same time but your info is interesting.
For William R/ Louisa  children:
Louisa Ellen 1855
Francis E 1857
Henry W 1/12/1860
Arthur born 1862 Hadleigh (Cosford ditrict) BMD ref Mar 1862 4a 422. Married Charlotte Allen Dec 1879 Croydon 2a 372. Charlotte born 13/12/1857 Chalvey Bucks
William 1865
Kate Emma 1866
Cyrell Emma 1869
Cyril 1871 (1870?)
The 1881 census info I have William R is 20 Elizabeth Place Rotherhithe, Surrey, inkpacker.
1891 - White Hart Upton cum Chalvey licensed victualler
1901 - 7 Blue Inn Row, Dover
Illman-Sussex,Surrey and Kent. Marsh -Kent. Pack -Kent. Rolfe- Kent.  McClelland -Londonderry, Harris- Norfolk. Oakey, Okey- Ely Camb. Mott -Suffolk. Twin- Essex,Topley- Kent,Filmer- Kent,Harvey- Kent.Ward Kent.

Offline jeanharris

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Monday 25 April 05 12:37 BST (UK) »
Tradelin,
Sorry census info I quoted is for Arthur

William R
1871 - Angel St Hadleigh, butcher
1881 - 3 Adams Place Rotherhithe
1891- 73 Rotherhithe New Rd Bermondsey, Surrey, butcher
1901 - 3 Portland place, North Lambeth, Surrey, builders clerk

Offline mottman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Friday 29 April 05 23:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jean for that info. Will look more closely at it when I get some spare time! Too many irons in the fire is my problem. Thanks again.
Fred

Offline mottman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Sunday 01 May 05 22:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Jean. Managed to have a look at what you kindly sent. Can't add much to it. The first few children were not apparently registered in the GRO. Henry W. circa 1860 - I have one on file, born Hadleigh, who wed a 'Mary' and had five children, as follows:
Henry(1880);William E(1882);Rhoda F(1885);Beatrice Mary(1887) & Lydia Elizabeth(1889).
He was described as a fishmonger in 1891. His address then was 9 Queens Terrace, Ballards Lane, Finchley. Would this be the same guy as listed in your issue for Wm R? ???
William 1863 (William Walter) wed Alice Emma Gower 11.2.1887 in the Register Office in St. Olave, London.
He was the father of William Ranson(1884);Joseph C(1892);Frederick Cyril(1894);Frank Cecil(1895);Frances V.L(1896);Gladys May(1898);John Dewar(1899);Robert Pretoria(1900);Jessie Gower(1891).
In the 1901 census he was "Aged 37 yrs. Born Blidestone. A Commercial traveller".
Address - 123 Stockwell Park Road, Lambeth. His wife was d/o James Frederick Gower.
Do you know if there is any connection between William Ranson & family and a Cyril Ranson born 1884  in Islington district ??
Fred