Author Topic: Rootschat Webpage  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
Rootschat Webpage
« on: Thursday 30 September 04 07:16 BST (UK) »
It's great!  Thank you.  The software i use to create my tree allows me to convert Gedcom to HTML, so it was very simple to upload it to Rootchats Webspace.   I,m having a great time adding backgrounds and things.

http://www.rootschat.com/~fitty/

Thanks again

Fitty
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline Geoff of Devon

• I have turned off notifications of new replies to my posts.
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Rootschat Webpage
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 September 04 17:31 BST (UK) »
Nice one Fitty. Are we all allowed to do this yet? If so, where do we get the SW from?
Geoff.
All lookups are crown copyright

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 September 04 18:39 BST (UK) »
Here it is Geoff
http://www.rootschat.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=13136.0

The software i used came with Genopro, which is what i use for my Family Tree but i think most of them do have an option to convert to HTML.

Thanks for the comment about the Webpage  :)
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 October 04 21:51 BST (UK) »
Hello Fitty,
oooh Fitty, that looks good! Can I just ask a couple of questions?
here goes
are there any protocols about detailing information of "living"persons on the web?
some web sites I've seen have blanked out the information on "living"persons.
and the second question
how do you protect your information from being uplifted by unscrupulous (I'm sure thats not spelt right but you know what I mean!)persons.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 01 October 04 22:58 BST (UK) »
First thing i did was ask my living relatives permission to include their details and this was given. 

I'm not sure what you mean about uplifting information....  did you mean my family tree?  Surely that would only interest anyone researching the same line.  If thats the case, then they are welcome to the information i have provided. 

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 04 October 04 11:28 BST (UK) »
Fitty,

Very impressive pages,  aren't you the clever one.  ;D

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 04 October 04 13:30 BST (UK) »
Noooo!!   Hubby Helped!    lol