Author Topic: Father - Hosford Family Dundalk  (Read 3304 times)

Offline vernard

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Father - Hosford Family Dundalk
« on: Sunday 26 February 06 16:57 GMT (UK) »
I am searching for the Hosford family name from Dundalk, my grandfather's name was Joseph,  i believe he was a farmer, my fathers name was dervane gerard, my father was born in 1924, i do not have any info on my grandfather, he was probably born around 1860/70, any info would be a bonus, thank you

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Christopher

• Deceased Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Father - Hosford Family Dundalk
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 February 06 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello Vernard,

I looked at http://www.failteromhat.com/griffiths.php and found this family in Co. Cork during 1851-3 when Griffiths Valuation took place in that County. Griffiths does not show them in any other Irish county during the years 1848-64. Do you know if the Hosford family were Anglicans?

All the Best,

Chrisopher

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline superge

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 April 17 11:45 BST (UK) »
Hi there.I have been asked to trace the roots of the hosfords in Ireland. I have dervane  born 29th July 1925. I have Kevin James 1956 and Jacqueline 1958. Do you have anymore info.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 April 17 12:13 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat  :) This isn't a forum for tracing living relatives and we aren't allowed to post details of anyone living so you may need to modify your post.

The original poster (vernard) only made that one post in 2006 and hasn't been online since.

I have been asked to trace the roots of the hosfords in Ireland.
Sounds like you aren't a relative but perhaps trying to help a friend?

In the last few years there are lots more resources online (many free) so do let us know if we can help with information about deceased Hosfords.

Please do NOT ask for lookups by Personal Message.