Author Topic: Sarah Ann Thomas,Cenarth\ David Jenkins,Cardiff\ Sir Samuel Thomas Evans,Skewern  (Read 8908 times)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Ann Thomas,Cenarth\ David Jenkins,Cardiff\ Sir Samuel Thomas Evans,Skewern
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 29 March 06 16:55 BST (UK) »
If it helps at all (I doubt it!) there are two families living at a Glandwr, Cenarth in 1881 (the only year easily searchable by address).

Ann DAVIES 43 Widow Pig Dealer & her children.

David HARRIS 76 ag lab his wife & daughter.

Interestingly, next door at Llwyncelyn are Elizabeth THOMAS lab's  wife 44 and her son Samuel 15 and dau Mary Ann aged 1 year.

All RG11/5430/53/1

Put in the "just in case" file?

;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN
HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD
GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS
WIL: WEBB, SALTER
RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS
GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY
MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD
SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON
IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Lyndon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Ann Thomas,Cenarth\ David Jenkins,Cardiff\ Sir Samuel Thomas Evans,Skewern
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 18 May 06 17:37 BST (UK) »
Sorry, I must have fallen asleep for a few months! I have put a lot of information about Samuel Thomas Evans at http://thomas.rootschat.net  Some details of his ancestors, siblings and descendants are there together with a short bio that I am working up. It's bit out of date, and I am due to do an update soon. I will try to incorporate some of the info that has been given in this thread. In the meantime I have a more speculative tree for him at http://www.harbury.me.uk/stevans.htm I have included stuff on this one that I have not yet verified, but it may be useful as a tool for finding possible links to the family.

Lyndon
Watkins - Swansea. Thomas - Carmarthenshire. Stock - Rowberrow. Jarman - Montgomeryshire. Duck - Calne. Watts - Frome.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.