Author Topic: Edward Owen(s) b 1906 Anglesey  (Read 5701 times)

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
Edward Owen(s) b 1906 Anglesey
« on: Monday 27 February 06 15:16 GMT (UK) »
I am searching for the relatives of my Great Uncle Edward Owen(s)

Edward was born in 1906 in Holyhead to Edward John Owen and Mary Jones. I have put an S on the end of Owen as his brother Richard (my Taid) was registered as Richard Owens even thoughhis father was Owen.

At the time of Richard's birth in 1908 the family were living ay 9 Wynne Street, Holyhead. Edward was the eldest as Edward John and Mary were married in November 1905 in Holyhead.

Edward John's address at the timeof marriage was Foel, Mountain and his father was John Roberts (dec) - Seaman. Mary's address was 13 Wynne Street and her father was Edward Jones - Tailor.

Edward was known as Uncle Ted and we know he married and had at least 2 children - Douglas and Blodwen. We don't know his wife's name or the dates of birth of his children but we do know he lived in the Holyhead area.

My Taid was Richard Owens and he was born April 1908. he married Annie Griffith and they had five children - Dilys b 1931, Mair b 1938 (my Mam), Kate b 1940, Richard b 1941 d Aug 1942, Donald b 1951

This is all the info we have on this family though we would love to find any relatives. This would be the final link to my Taid's family. We have found his other brother William and also his Father's second marriage and children from  his second wife.

If anyone has any links or knows anything of this family please get in touch.

Thanks for reading

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline mynydd08

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Owen(s) b 1906 Anglesey
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 May 16 13:33 BST (UK) »
Hi my name is edward owen,i was born in llaingoch holyhead 0n 20th november 1947,my father was william owen born 1915 and my grandfather was jacob owen born 1869.i knew uncle ted as he lived 3 doors away from me in llaingoch,his wife was hanna,Edward john was jacobs nephew and so uncle ted was indeed in my family,i worked in the mountain quarry when i left school in 1964 and uncle ted was the forman.Our family is very large as jacob had 12 kids in all,edward johns mum was elin evans from the voel,my middle name is gerwyn as im more well known by that name,i hope this info will help,thanks,gerwyn owen.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 May 16 14:30 BST (UK) »
From what I can see from records available to me, Edward's birth reg'd June 1906 Holyhead as Owens.   He married a Hannah Jones in June quarter 1931 Holyhead.

Edward Owens born 12/3/1906 and his wife Hannah born 3/6/1909.

Her death is reg'd as Owen in Mar.1970 (clearly shows her birthdate) but Edward's death as Owens in June 1984 Bangor (??) - birthdate as given above.   Perhaps he went to live with other family after the death of Hannah.   

Their daughter appears to have been reg'd Mar.1932 Holyhead as Owen and the son June 1937 as Owens.

Would seem that Edward lived as Owens in majority of his adult life.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mynydd08

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 25 May 16 15:58 BST (UK) »
Edward johns mum elin was my grandfather jacobs sister,yes the family did use owens quite a bit as it was the origional name dating back almost 200yrs,my father was owen and kept it all his life,my grandfathers brother william owen born in 1860 often uses owens to,my grandfathers older brother edward born in 1854 was at first a jones acording to one censor but later he was owens,very confusing i think.

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 22 September 16 16:28 BST (UK) »
Thank You Annette for all that info :) It has helped a lot

Gerwyn - So good to hear from you ... I only found 9 of Uncle Jacobs children and now I have 10 with your Dad but donr know about the other 2.... I can be contacted by * .... I know my Mam would be pleased to hear we have found another member of the family :)

* Moderator comment: personal e-mail address removed in accordance with RootsCHat general practice to avoid others abusing or spamming it.  Please use the personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses.  Thanks
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>