Author Topic: Capstick in 1841.  (Read 820 times)

Offline juneg27

• My email address is not working sorry
  • RootsChat Member
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Capstick in 1841.
« on: Monday 27 February 06 16:52 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to trace Edward Capstick and wife Margaret in 1841. they would be about 58yrs and 53 yrs. respectively. also there could be a son William living with them he would be about 22yrs. and also a daughter Margaret aged about 4yrs.
last known  address for family was Crosby Garratt. in 1851. Edward was a licensed victualr. and was born in Sedbergh,Yorkshire., his wife Margaret was born in Soulby,Westmoreland. the child Margaret 4yrs. was born in Crosby Garratt.
I would be grateful if anyone who has access to this census could look to see if family are there living in Crosby Garratt.
JUNE.

Offline SandraC

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Isabella Annie with Brenda
    • View Profile
Re: Capstick in 1841.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 February 06 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi June

I think Crosby Garratt is in Westmorland, not Lancashire.

Sorry - hopefully a Moderator person will move your message to the Westmorland board.

SandraC
Researching Clark, Holt, Threlfall, Platt, Walker, Bowers, Culshaw in Manchester, Salford, Ormskirk & Southport.
Also, Craggs, Hamer, Sampson, Hesketh, McNamara, Hodson.

All Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline juneg27

• My email address is not working sorry
  • RootsChat Member
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Capstick in 1841.
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 February 06 18:10 GMT (UK) »
oh thank you , I know in some of the census some were born in Westmoreland, I thought it was Lancashire. shows I know nothing of the areas up the north of england. do you know where westmoreland comes under, ie which county?