Author Topic: Dolphinholme Village nr Lancaster  (Read 29263 times)

Offline keenbutconfused

• RootsChat Member
  • It was just an average working day on the quayside
    • View Profile
Re: Dolphinholme Village nr Lancaster
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 10 February 08 15:03 GMT (UK) »
The 'Cor' will be Corless Cottages and they are still there, as is Common Bank.  I think I might know where the house is now .... if I get a chance I'll try and get some pics this afternoon - if not will definitely get you something in the next few days  :) 
Joice, Coburn, Fairs - Easington, Durham villages, Jarrow, Hebburn, Monkwearmouth, Chester le Street, Gateshead, Haswell....she was only a coal miner's daughter (well, grand-daughter)

Offline diavalos

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 10 February 08 15:20 GMT (UK) »

Thankyou that is brilliant.
Joyce

Offline Phil Tomlinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 26 October 08 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello.  My Bamber ancestors came from the village of Hawthornthwaite, which, according to my map, is near Dolphinholme.  If you are ever out that way would you take some pics for me?  It looks like there are just a few buildings there.  If there are any that look like they would have been there in the 1700s I would love to see them, as well as the surrounding landscape.  If this request is beyond what you intended, then please just disregard it.  Thank you though for the offer.
Catholic families of the Amounderness region of Lancashire, England:  Tomlinson, Bamber, Gillow, et. al.
Dunn, Dempsey, McCabe from the Clonaslee area of Laois, Ireland.
Nolan, Kelly from Tipperarry, Ireland.