Author Topic: Can anyone do Billingford parish lookup  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Eking

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Can anyone do Billingford parish lookup
« on: Friday 01 October 04 13:29 BST (UK) »
That's the Billingford near Diss I think.

I'm looking for a baptism of Jemima Briting ( also have different spelling BRIGHTON/BRIGHTWEN) c1824.

Can't seem to get these records at LDS. Actually I'm not sure if I'd find them at NRO either as this is what it states.

Baptisms
Original registers 1640-1812 Microform 1640-1812
Archdeacon’s and Bishop’s transcripts 1691-1912

Why no baptisms after 1812 ?  Is it likely to be in Bishops transcripts ?

Thanks

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone do Billingford parish lookup
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 October 04 22:23 BST (UK) »
Hi there.

You could see the BTs but they are arranged by year so take ages to look through but they will be available in the NRO for after 1812 but may have gaps.

The reason that there are no registers after 1812 is simply that as this is a small village they are still using the 1812 registers.  They will be in the village.

Having looked at the 1851 index I see no Jermima born in Billingford in Norfolk had she moved out of the county?

She was in Billingford in 1841 as a 15 year old servant in High Street at the home of elderly farmer, John Bloomfield.

Possible parents were just up the road, Henry & Juda 45 & 50, with Mary aged 9, Elizabeth aged 80 and Hannah aged 12.

I could do look ups for you in the NRO but would need to charge I'm afraid.

Best of luck.

Teddybear.
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline Eking

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone do Billingford parish lookup
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 October 04 11:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Teddybear

Thanks for that.

Yes she did move out of the county to Suffolk. I forgot to mention that as it is her baptism I was hoping for.

Although, the others you mention may be related, I don't think its her parents as her father was named as John Brighton on marriage certificate.

I've got a few Norfolk non related families appearing in my tree now so I'll wait until I've collated all that before deciding if I want to visit myself.

Thanks