Author Topic: Need Help with BAKER, Aston Ingham  (Read 3744 times)

Offline caliope

• RootsChat Member
  • Roots in UK, Ger, Nor, Swed, Cherokee, we're Muts.
    • View Profile
Need Help with BAKER, Aston Ingham
« on: Saturday 04 March 06 22:02 GMT (UK) »
I have come to a crossroads, and hope someone out there can help me.

My great great great great grandparents are William Thomas and Susanna Halsey.  Although they lived in Oxford, Oxfordshire, William Thomas Halsey was born in Eldersfield, Worcestershire.  Susanna was born about 1791 in Aston Inghham, Herefordshire.

So far, I have only been able to find a marriage between William Thomas Halsey and Susanna BAKER on 9 Mar 1812, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.

Does anyone have a christening record for a Susanna BAKER born in Aston Ingham 1791, that would confirm that I'm on the right track?

Thanks in advance!!
ALDEN, BISHOP, BLISS, BOOKER, BOYCE, BUCHHOP, COLLINS, CROUCH, DANNENBERG, DAVIS, ELM, EATON, FLOYD, GRAMBLIN, GRAMBLING, GAMLING, HALSEY, HARRIS, HOGLE, HOSIER, JACKLIN, JACOBSON, JONES, LANGFORD, LLOYD, NEWSTEAD, PEIFER, PINDER, PIERCE, POTTER, RANDOLPH, SANDERSON, SCHWEINHAGEN, SEVERSON, SHEARING, SHEARSMITH, SPRINGSTROH, STEPHENSON, STEWARD, SUCH, TAYLOR, WALKLETT, WELLS, WIECHERS, WINCHESTER, WOODCOCK

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help with BAKER, Aston Ingham
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 March 06 09:57 GMT (UK) »

Susannah Baker daighter of Thomas and Elzabeth BAKER baptised 26/9/1784

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 March 06 10:00 GMT (UK) »

Thomas BAKER married Elizabeth HUSBANDS at Aston Ingham 11/2/1778.
Sorry forgot to put the baptism above is also Aston Ingham.  :-[

Offline caliope

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 March 06 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Hmmm, I'm not certain if this is my Susanna as the date of birth is off.  The 1851 census (Oxford, Oxfordshire) has her age to be born 1790/91.  William Thomas Halsey was christened 13 June 1790.   :-\
ALDEN, BISHOP, BLISS, BOOKER, BOYCE, BUCHHOP, COLLINS, CROUCH, DANNENBERG, DAVIS, ELM, EATON, FLOYD, GRAMBLIN, GRAMBLING, GAMLING, HALSEY, HARRIS, HOGLE, HOSIER, JACKLIN, JACOBSON, JONES, LANGFORD, LLOYD, NEWSTEAD, PEIFER, PINDER, PIERCE, POTTER, RANDOLPH, SANDERSON, SCHWEINHAGEN, SEVERSON, SHEARING, SHEARSMITH, SPRINGSTROH, STEPHENSON, STEWARD, SUCH, TAYLOR, WALKLETT, WELLS, WIECHERS, WINCHESTER, WOODCOCK

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 05 March 06 20:16 GMT (UK) »

Perhaps she was fibbing about her age if he was younger ??  ::)

Offline caliope

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 05 March 06 20:30 GMT (UK) »
That's a point...

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 05 March 06 20:45 GMT (UK) »

My Auntie did it and then could not admit to her age and claim her pension when she turned 60, as she was only supposed to be 45 ............  :o

Offline caliope

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 19 January 13 03:07 GMT (UK) »
It has been a while since I have worked on this branch and thought I should post an update.  It seems that Elizabeth HUSBANDS who married Thomas BAKER was the daughter of John and Mary HUSBANDS.  She was christened in Taynton, Gloucestershire.  She married Thomas BAKER 11 Feb 1778 in Aston Ingham, Herefordshire.  I don't know yet where our Thomas BAKER came from.

Thomas and Elizabeth had the following children:

Mary: chr. 9 May 1779
Elizabeth: chr. 28 Mar 1784
Susannah: chr. 26 Sep 1784
Thomas: chr. 10 Dec 1786
James: chr. 20 Jul 1789
John: chr. 8 Apr 1791

All christenings at Aston Ingham.

I don't have any burial dates for Thomas and Elizabeth yet.

My Susannah married William Thomas HALSEY as previously mentioned 9 Mar 1812 in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.    He is the son of William HALSEY and Ann JEFFES.

About 1820 they moved to Oxford, Oxfordshire where William Thomas worked as a wheelwright/coach maker.  Eventually they moved back to Cheltenham where they are buried.

That's what I know thus far...