Author Topic: Polmont burials  (Read 17211 times)

Offline mesmariah

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Polmont burials
« Reply #27 on: Friday 18 December 15 14:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi. My Gr Grandfather, Thomas LYNCH was born in Aug 1866 in Polmont. He married to Catherine SHIELDS. (have no marriage record);   My Gr Gr Grandparents, James LYNCH (LINCH) born 1810 in Ireland and wife, Ann HUTTON, born 1823 Linlithgows/W.Lothian  - have nothing on them other than they were married February 6, 1846 Stirlingshire. They resided in Muiravonside but I have no Death Date/Burials for them.   
Thomas & Catherine emigrated to USA in 1880s.  Anything would help...names of parents of James & Ann and where in Ireland James was born...Tyrone IR is all I know but nothing to pin point it further as far as town or his parents names. Burial/Death/Marriage records may possibly tell more. They were Roman Catholics.  Thank you.

Offline amac1210

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Polmont burials
« Reply #28 on: Monday 28 January 19 21:17 GMT (UK) »
My g-g-g grandfather was Alexander McLuckie born 1838 who married Elizabeth Porteous in 1857. His parents were Andrew McLuckie and Janet Gow. Andrew died in 1872, and was the son of Alexander McLuckie and Mary Halket. I have Alexander as son of John McLuckie and Margaret Miln ("in fornication" meaning this was outside marriage). Generally, this means they'd have been having an extra-marital affair or having a kid pretty young. Looking at possible John McLuckies (there are many) the one that stands out is John McLuckie Baptised in Kippen, 1762. He'd have then been 16-17 when having his son Alexander. No trace of a Margaret Miln anywhere nearby sadly. Kippen has a whole host of McLuckies. Many descend from Robert McLuckie who married Janet Leckie in 1718. Janet Leckie, daughter of Walter Leckie of Leckie, descends from the Lairds of Leckie who have a line going back into the Middle Ages and the Royal family. I don't know if our McLuckies descend from this couple. Let me know if you have anything Lori. I know this thread have been here a long time, so hope you see it!