Author Topic: Sion House Academy,St Saviour, Jersey  (Read 10018 times)

Offline Rosemary sanders

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sion House Academy,St Saviour, Jersey
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi, my great great grandfather was Elias Neel born 1808 Longueville St Saviour, my great grandfather was Elias Neel born 1834 in St Saviour , my grandfather was Robert Bleakley Neel born 1878 in France and my father was Richard Bleakley Neel born 1910 Greenwich (London)
Louis Antoine Neel born 1874 was the brother of Robert Bleakley Neel. Louis had a son Louis Boyd Neel born in 1905 Greenwich, if you 'google' Boyd Neel there's information about him.

This information comes from the Neel family tree researched by my uncle about fifteen years ago, I don't know how accurate it is.

Rosemary

Offline Ch.Join-Lambert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hill and Rosemary ! I wrote a message one month ago and didn't get any answer from you though you both seem to be still on line. I am a true beotian in rootschat and wonder what else I should do to be in contact with you. Please help me if you read that message. I need so much to get more information about the Neel family in Sion house. THanks

Offline Ch.Join-Lambert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 23 March 17 18:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosemary ! Thanks for your answer. According to my family tree, your great-great grand-father (Elias Neel,1808-1895 maried to Anne Lebas) and mine (Philippe Neel,1816-1896 married in France to Fanny Auziere) were two sons of Elias Neel (1788-1858) and Marie Mourant (1790-1858), owners of Sion House in St Saviour. The parents were Elias NEEL (1753 Longueville St Saviour & Jane ALIER 1760). Before them John NEEL (1732) & Susannah HUBERT. Before them Edward NEEL (1703) &  Elisabeth LE ROUGETEL (1736 second wife). Before them John NEEL (1677-1702) & Elisabeth LE LIÈVRE (1676-). Before them John NEEL (1642-1690)  & Jane AUBIN (+ 1681). Before them John NEEL (1601-1687)  & Elisabeth AUBIN (1621, married 1639). Before them James NEEL (1570-1617)  & Ann CABOT (1579, married 1600). Before them James NEEL, Graduate de l'Université de Paris, Doyen de la Chapelle catholique de Prince Arthur à Jersey, around 1550.

I am very interested in James's Lynn family tree going back to Jacques Neel; hope he will give us information. And I would love to have à portrait of Elias and his wife
Christine

Offline Ch.Join-Lambert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 02 April 17 14:48 BST (UK) »
All informations I gave above come from a family tree written by a grand-uncle in 1941. Himself recopied informations coming from his grand-father, Philippe Neel, (1816-1896), married in France to Fanny Auziere.
As already said, I am very interested in James's Lynn family tree going back to Jacques Neel; hope he will give us information.
And I would love to have from Rosemary Sanders a portrait of Elias and his wife.
Please answer !
Christine

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 03 April 17 10:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Christine,

Welcome to RootsChat :)

The members you are trying to make contact with have been notified of your replies I have also sent them a message incase they may have missed them. Hopefully they will reply soon.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ch.Join-Lambert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 21 June 17 18:20 BST (UK) »
High Rosemary. Sorry to insist but your last dated message March 22 made my mouth water and I hoped we would go further in the exchange of informations. 3 months passed and you did not come back to this « chat ». What a frustation for me! Please could you send me the picture of the family portrait of Elias and his wife your talked about in your message dated 21 August 2014. I have in project a book on the story of Neel members (the ones I know and I identify clearly) and would like to illustrate it with photos.  Hope you are ok but your silence is quite worring.