Author Topic: My Suffolk Surname interests (come inside !)  (Read 16340 times)

Offline Alan b

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: My Suffolk Surname interests (come inside !)
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 20 December 15 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi James18

All I know about the Eighteen family is a Jane Eighteen married John Doomesday in Hadleigh in 1667, and that is it. I know nothing about her parentage.
Bloomfield, Knights, Whitmore, Warner (Suffolk)
Hamlin (London, Yorkshire, Scotland, Suffolk)
Mattocks, Newick, Nutter, (Kent)
Mattocks (Staffs)

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 29 June 17 20:11 BST (UK) »
Hello There,
I came across a very probable Tydeman link while looking into my family tree at the Library, on Ancestry. co.uk:

One of my 4x Great Grandad's was baptised with the name of Robert Butcher, in Debenham, Suffolk, on the 24th of Feb 1810. His birth date was put down as the 5th of Feb 1810. His Mother's name was listed as Susan Butcher. But the Father's name was not given.
However, I found something on the National Archives via another family tree that has Robert Butcher in it. It's reference on the National Archives is: FB47/G8/72.
The record stated that William Tydeman was a Farmer of Debenham, and was:
"Bound in £100, to indemnify the parish from the maintenance of a male child born to Susan Butcher". It appears to be dated 26 Oct 1810.
I had a look, and it seems this William Tydeman was born sometime in 1793, in Suffolk. Most of the trees I have seen, seem to state he was the child of Jonathan Tydeman (1764 -1833) and Elizabeth Robinson (1767 - 1855). I cannot seem to find a date of marriage for these two.
William Tydeman married Margaret Leggett on the 27th of June 1815,in Gislingham, Suffolk.
In the 1841 Census, William is in Stoneham, Suffolk, with Margaret and family. His Mother Elizabeth (nee Robinson) also appears to be in the household.
In the 1851 Census, he appears to be a Gardener. His date of birth has been transcribed on Family Search as 1800. But looking on the original Image on Find My Past, he is 57 years old, and place of birth reads: "Little Stonham" The old Elizabeth Tydeman is also there again, down as aged 84. Her place of birth has been put down as what looks like: "Brockford, Suffolk".
On the 1861 Census, William is a Master Gardener. William died I think in Stonham Parva, in early 1871, before the Census was done. 
I wander if anyone else on here has these Tydeman's in their family tree?

Thank you.
:) :D

Offline Alan b

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 29 June 17 20:36 BST (UK) »
Hi

I can't see any connections with my Tydeman's unless there is a connection further back via Jonathan Tydeman (1764 -1833). Most of mine are from Earl Stonham so not to far from Debenham.
Mattocks (Staffs)

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 29 June 17 20:44 BST (UK) »
Hi

I can't see any connections with my Tydeman's unless there is a connection further back via Jonathan Tydeman (1764 -1833). Most of mine are from Earl Stonham so not to far from Debenham.

Thank you.  :)

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 30 June 17 12:06 BST (UK) »
Hi

Hello There,
I looked on Ancestry, and it appears that Jonathan Tydeman's Father was William Tydeman. He is down as being born in 1728, in Earl Stonham. William died on the 29th of October 1802, in Stonham Parva. He married a Mary. The "Historical Person Search", on Ancestry has this Mary's surname down as Tydeman. According to Ancestry, this William's parents were Martin Tydeman, born 1700 in Earl Stonham, and Ann Groom. I managed to have a look at your very good family tree on the Tydeman's, and I found Martin, and Ann Groom on there.
I will post a link to the "Historical Person Search", where I found William Tydeman born 1728 on Ancestry (hopefully it will work).  :) ;)

Thank you.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/genealogy/records/william-tydeman_120001610

Offline Alan b

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 30 June 17 12:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks, so we do have a link after all via Martin Tydeman (born 1700) !
Mattocks (Staffs)

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 30 June 17 12:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks, so we do have a link after all via Martin Tydeman (born 1700) !

Yes, it appears so. ;D ;). Martin was Jonathan's Grandfather, and one of my 8x Great Grandfather's, haha!

Thank you.  :)

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 10 September 17 13:08 BST (UK) »
It looks like we might have a connection somewhere Sally as I have quite a few Tydeman's in my tree, some going back further than 1854 !

If you want to have a look around my family tree, this is the link:

www.alan137.co.uk/family

It is through looking at your very good family tree, that my suspicions about two of my 7x Great Grandparents were confirmed: William Tydeman (1727 - 1802) married Mary Tydeman (1731 - 1785) on the 5th of August 1756, in Earl Stonham, Suffolk.
My suspicions were that they were actually cousins. I found out that William Tydeman was a son of Martin Tydeman (1700-1778), and Ann Groom (born 1696 in East Bergholt). Mary Tydeman was a Daughter of Edmund Tydeman (1698 - 1792), and Elizabeth Clark (Abt. 1705 - 1775). Mary Tydeman, and William Tydeman, both shared the same grandparents: Edmund Tydeman (1671 - 1727) and Ann Morton (Abt. 1670 - 1727).
My suspicions about William and Mary were confirmed when I looked at the will of Mary's father, Edmund, and a passage from that on your tree:

"his son-in-law WILLIAM TYDEMAN the husband of his deceased daughter Mary and his nephew recieved £30".
William and Mary also had a son called Clarke Tydeman in 1771. A Clarke Tydeman is mentioned in Edmund's will, as one of his grandsons who received £5 each:
http://www.alan137.co.uk/family/i431.htm

Incidentally, it also appears from looking at the same tree that another of Edmund's daughters (I think it was Elizabeth) also married another son of Martin Tydeman, who was a brother of William.

Thank you.  :) ;)

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 10:43 BST (UK) »
Regarding the William Tydeman "of Debenham" father of my Robert Butcher:

I have since found out that I was looking into the wrong William Tydeman's.
I was able to eliminate two as being the father of my Robert Butcher.

Now I have found out that it is very likely this William was the same William Tydeman, born circa 1790 - 1793 (according to census returns, and his age at burial), at Stowupland. There does not appear to have been a baptism transcribed for him. But there are transcribed baptisms for some of his other siblings at Stowupland.

He was a son of William Tydeman, who was baptised 22 May 1766 at Earl Stonham son of a James. And this William's mother was Sarah, maiden surname of Stephenson. His parents were married at Earl Stonham, on the 5th of March 1789.

His father made a Will at Debenham in 1833. In this Will, William is mentioned along with his other siblings:

https://www.suffolkarchives.co.uk/collections/getrecord/GB173_IC_AA1_253_94

William Tydeman (senior's) daughter Maria, married John Whythe at Debenham, on the 4th of November 1811. Maria Whythe was mentioned as William's daughter in his Will.

William Tydeman (junior) married Mahala Harvey at Debenham, on the 23rd of February 1819.
From the transcription on Free Reg, John Whythe was one of the witnesses.

There is a Tydeman family tree here:

https://tydeman.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?userid=tydeman&view=0&pid=77&ver=458

:) ;)