Author Topic: McClenaghan's of Port Glasgow  (Read 8949 times)

Offline Ramsay Stewart

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McClenaghan's of Port Glasgow
« Reply #9 on: Friday 01 June 12 12:13 BST (UK) »
:)  Hi Ya

My name is Caroline and at present I am trying to trace some of the Family History. . . . I am searching for any information on the above name. From my dads side of the family

His name is David McClenaghan and he was born in Port Glasgow on 30-07-1949. His fathers name was Bernard who married Theresa (nee Carlin) He had 5 sisters Agnes, Catherine, Bernadette, Theresa and Margaret and 1 brother Anthony.

Sorry I have no dates but any info would be greatly appreciated to get me started.

I have the Death Certificate For Bridget McGinley Wife of David McClenaghan lived in King St Port Glasgow... Bridget Died  22 Nov 1956.. Email me and I will send you it... Also I'm Looking for the Family of Bridget .Her Parents where James McGinley & Dorathea Sweeney if any one can Help...

I would also love to track down Hugh McGinley  & Mary McGinley I have a census for them at 26 Victoria St Govan 1891... Children on the Census Are... Rosina 12, John 9, James 6, Hugh 3, And Niece Katy Murry 18..

Another McGinley Family I would like to find are... James McGinley & Rose "O'Neil" McGinley, They lived at 11 Queen St Govan. As listed in the Marriage of Hugh McGinley & Mary McCann in Govan 1877...

I hope some or one of these names can find me a Lead to were my McGinleys came from   thanks All for you Patience
McGinley
Stewart
McCullagh
McGowan
Laverty
McLean

Offline cazz033

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 01 June 12 12:26 BST (UK) »
Hiya, Many thanks for the details.

Unfortunately I havent done any work on the family tree in a few years and have managed to now get back to it to try again.
I think I have copies of Birth/Death certificates at home, I will have a look at them over the weekend and see if any of the names you have mentioned are included and let you know.

Do you know if Bridget and David had any children?
Many thanks again
Caroline :)
McClenaghan of port glasgow

Offline Ramsay Stewart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 01 June 12 21:45 BST (UK) »
I'm Sorry Caroline I dont know if they had any Kids,  But it's possible because she was 78 when she died so Good chance they had kids... I'll try find out more on them...

Ramsay......... Have a good day my friend.
McGinley
Stewart
McCullagh
McGowan
Laverty
McLean

Offline Melanie McGowan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 18 August 17 16:07 BST (UK) »
Hi.. I just came across this Post. A few years too late I know but I am trying to trace some family roots with little success so thought I'd post msg just in case.. McGowan is my family name, my Great Gran parents were Carolan/Carlin's and we r all from Port Glasgow.. My granda was James McGowan married Rose Carolan and my great granda was Patrick Carolan (Irish).married Mary Ellen Kelly. Xx

Offline Ramsay Stewart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 02 April 19 10:00 BST (UK) »
Marlene My Great Grandparents are McGowan's from Port Glasgow. James McGowan Married Martha McLaughlan. There son James Married Annie Reilly there Daughter Martha McLaughlan McGowan was my Granny. I have a few bit's on the McGowans  Even though it's not the same James your looking for  there might still be a connection

Thanks Ramsay Stewart
McGinley
Stewart
McCullagh
McGowan
Laverty
McLean