Author Topic: Wilson of Larbert  (Read 37163 times)

Offline davidpaul

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wilson of Larbert
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 13 July 13 20:21 BST (UK) »
hi their just read your post re wilsons of larbert have posted on old stirling to see if they can help you ,you may wish to join this group as its all about the people of stirlings past regards david.
Scotland.Yates,Kelly,illingworth,Reilly,cummins,green,dunpy,McCullough,Watson ,bulloch,Ross,Clark.England.boag,Costello,bulloch.chappell,drummond.stobbard .   Scotland,Simpson.McKay Murry blewit.England,graham suddes surtees scotland greenhill england charlton oniel chicken Richardson hardy salthouse scotland.seath strachan mill england graham

Offline texasscot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 09 November 13 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Peter Wilson (1778-1853), born in Larbert is my 3rd great grandfather.  He married Isobel Brown.  His father, Robert Wilson (b 9 Aug 1756) was married to Isobel Laird.  I don't know her parents names, or anything about her.  Does someone have information?  Thanks.  This is my first post.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 09 November 13 19:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi texaxscot

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Sources online have this info:

www.familycentral.net/index/family.cfm?ref1=6248:1493&ref2=6248:1494
http://hotchkissclan.org/gen/Records/INDIs/II22080.html

1851 Census:

Peter Wilson 74, Fireman
Isebell Wilson 75
Address: Red Row, Kinnaird, Lambert

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 09 November 13 20:18 GMT (UK) »
From family trees on ancestry, Isobel shows as having died in 1862, after the start of official registration in Scotland (from 1855). The official source for BMDs and images in Scotlands is www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk  There is a death showing for an Isobel Brown/Wilson in Larbert in 1862, aged 86.  I am guessing this might be the source of information on Isobel's parents, which you can follow up to confirm.

On the 1861 census, there is an entry for an Isobel Wilson, 85, b. Larbert and living at Bark Of Byke in Larbert.

Monica

Offline texasscot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 09 November 13 20:41 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much, Monica L.  I missed the 1851 census, which shouldn't have happened because I belong to ancestry.com  My line does go through David Wilson (born 18 Jun 1806).  I haven't visited Scotland's people yet, but I plan to.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 09 November 13 20:54 GMT (UK) »
David's sister Ann, who looks to have married a John Penman. She died on 6 Jun 1897 in Larbert. On her death reg., her father Peter shows as a coal miner. You might find some monumental inscriptions for burials for the general family here www.memento-mori.co.uk which is particularly strong for the Stirlingshire area, including the Larbert cemeteries.

Monica

Offline texasscot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 09 November 13 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again, Monica L.

Offline wperrie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 07 December 14 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi.  Am wholly new to this forum. And a bit lost. However,  I note that Rbt. Wilson & Isabella Laird are my ancestors at 7 (?) generations. Their daughter Isabella married John Perrie who is my gt gt gt grandfather. The Perries (or Peerie in the family speak) were also from Larbert at that time. I have some information on them but all the information on the Wilsons is new to me and very interesting. I know that there were still Stirlingshire-Larbert framily links into the twentieth century. Any further information on Wilson/Perrie would be most welcome.  Walter Perrie

Offline texasscot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 07 December 14 21:48 GMT (UK) »
My line comes through Peter Wilson - son of Robert Wilson & Isobel Laird; so I have almost no information, unfortunately, concerning their daughter Isabella and her husband, John Perrie. If you want information that I have and you are a member of ancestry.com, my tree is a public one and is named the Gale & Wilson Family Tree.  Sorry, I can't be of more help.