Author Topic: Wilson of Larbert  (Read 37348 times)

Offline wperrie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wilson of Larbert
« Reply #36 on: Monday 08 December 14 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply. Regards. WP

Offline Mary Alex

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 03 April 15 14:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Walter
This is my first time posting, but I am descended from Robert Perrie, whose parents were John Perrie and Isabella (Isobel) Wilson.

Robert was originally a coal miner, and later became a spirit merchant in Dalmarnock, Glasgow.  Robert died in Glasgow in 1871.

Isabella Wilson also died in Glasgow in 1866.

Regards
Mary Alex

Offline wperrie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 03 April 15 16:12 BST (UK) »
Dear Mary Alex,
                       Good to hear from you. We are very distant cousins since my descent is through Rbt's younger brother (James Macewan Perrie, my gt gt grandfather). I have Rbt as born in 1813 and James in 1821. Robt married Ann Robertson. The problem with tracing back beyond John P. and Isabella W took me years to solve. The solution  was that John was 20 years older. I have no death record for him. He was the son of John P. & Janet Laing (of St. Ninian's parish & Larbert, respectively). The family were in the Stirling/Bannockburn area as far back as I can trace - to about 1650. Before that there are no parochial records. I live in Dunning - about 25 miles from Stirling. I can send you more information later when I have a moment. My email is *

With good wishes,
Walter Perrie. 
ps. my line goes from me to James to Walter to James to James Macewan. Thence to John (Junior) (yr ancestor) to John to Robert (chr. 1706 @ St. N's) to John (chr.1676 @ St. N's) to William.

*See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline texasscot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 03 April 15 19:14 BST (UK) »
Mary Alex,

Thanks so much for the information on Robert Perrie.  Isabella Wilson is my 3rd great grand aunt.

Best regards,

Walt

Offline wperrie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 03 April 15 19:39 BST (UK) »
Hello again.  If you are descended from Rbt P., Isabella Wilson is Robert Perrie's mother and therefore your direct ancestor - not an aunt. In Scots law and traditional usage, women could be known by their maiden names, which were not surrendered on marriage. So, not a gt x aunt but gt x mother.  Best wishes - W.

Offline texasscot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday 03 April 15 19:57 BST (UK) »
I'm a descendant of Peter Wilson (my 3rd great grandfather) who is Isabella Wilson's brother!  I'm not descended from the Perries.

Offline UNDERTAKER

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 20 June 15 10:33 BST (UK) »
I have a Barbara brown mother of alexander laird of larbert 1755 who married Elizabeth Russell in 1780 and they had john laird on 6th April 1788 who married Jane Gardner in 1808 and they had alexander laird who married margeret Wilson in 1831.alexander was from plean and Margaret from campsie. I am also related to harrower family and my cousin is a Wilson.

T.

Offline wperrie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 20 June 15 12:06 BST (UK) »
Hi,
      The Wilson-Laird connection, as seems characteristic of the time seems to cross several generations with Perrie/Pirie/Peerie. My direct connection is with Isobel Wilson bapt 11/10/1789, daughter of Rbt Wilson and Isobel Laird. In 1809 she marries John Pirrie - my gt x 3 grandfather. But without knowing the whole complex of relationships it is difficult to know how it came about. Geography and employment were the links  and cross-sibling marriages seem to have been common - where 2 siblings of X marry two siblings (or cousins) of Y. Because social encounters did not usually extend beyond such groups.  Best Regards - Walter Perrie

Offline texasscot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 20 June 15 15:46 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Again, Isabela (Isobel) Wilson is my 3rd Great Aunt because she is Peter Wilson's sister and the daughter of Robert Wilson and Isobel Laird.  Peter Wilson, son of Robert and Isobel Laird, is my 3rd great grandfather.  Best regards,

Walt Gale