Author Topic: Wilson of Larbert  (Read 37166 times)

Offline nowayhosay

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wilson of Larbert
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 June 06 13:12 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
I top can help you all on this WILSON Lines,
Just email me at
Moderator Comment: email address removed to prevent spam and other abuses. Please use the secure personal message system to share email addresses and other personal material. Thank You

Offline apanderson

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 17 June 06 17:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Guys,

Your local obsessive graveyard wanderer here!

In Larbert Old Parish Churchyard are the following graves:

(Not necessarily the burial place of the people mentioned in the inscriptions as the older stones don't give any more details other than names. Where there is a year inscribed on the stone, again not necessarily either one of the couple's date of death but could be when the Lair was purchased or the date of death for one of their children)

Robert Wislon and Isobel Laird

(1853) John Penman and Ann Wilson

(1839) Peter Wilson and Agnes Rankine

Robert Wilson and Margaret Rae (Margaret died 19th March 1871 aged 25 and a child who died in infancy)

There are many more Wilsons and Penmans in the same Churchyard.

Anne

Offline vacuz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 18 April 09 03:07 BST (UK) »
This is my 2nd post (although I don't see my 1st listed yet.)  Do any of you know the parents of Margaret Patterson, the wife of Charles Brown Wilson?

Offline vacuz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 18 April 09 03:21 BST (UK) »
ok; i see my 1st post didn't take.  i am a descendant of Robert Wilson, the eldest son and middle child of Charles Brown Wilson & Margaret Patterson.  i am definitely thrilled to find so many new cousins through the reading of this one thread--and to verify 3 generations farther back on the Brown and Wilson lines.  Hope to learn even more as i am able to make contact with those of you who also descend from his grandparents--and it sounds like there may be quite a few of us.  Robert emigrated with his younger brother Peter and their respective wives from Clackmannan to America in 1848 with several other members of the LDS Church which they had joined in Clackmannan.  I believe his mother was born in Clackmannan and that the family returned to her native county after Charles Brown Wilson died (sometime before an assumed 2nd marriage to Alexander Fife in 1833 Clackmannan.)  One question has always puzzled the descendants of this emigrant, Robert Wilson.  Once in America he went by the name Robert Knox Wilson.  Might anybody have a clue as to why somebody would add this middle name (which, as far as I can tell, has no genealogical significance)?

Offline amacavinta

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 26 April 09 06:35 BST (UK) »
I am not sure I have the answer to your question, but I am also researching Robert K. Wilson.  I actually live about 15 minutes from teh town he settled in.  My 3x g-grandfather was one of the people he travelled with to Utah. 

I would love to compare notes with you!

Amy
Utah Burts: John Davidson Burt, Brigham City, &
Andrew Hill Burt, Salt Lake City

Burts of Dunfermline, 1655-18
John Burt & Agnes Whyt (various spellings)
Paterson: Dunfermline and Clackmannanshire

Along with Hill, Cook, Wilson, Hunter, Sharp
Stevenson, Rankin,

Offline joanofacre

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 28 October 09 06:39 GMT (UK) »
I am intrested to find out more information on your clackmannan Pattersons .....I am looking for more information regarding Alexander Patterson b abt 1809 of Dollar m in Dollar 1834 to Jane Ross b 18    children also born in Dollar dau Christian son George Migrated to Australia
1839 with Simpsons & Anderson families connected to Montgomery & Ross in Edinburgh

Do you have an Alexander or any Dollar Pattersons...

Regards Joanofacre

Offline vacuz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 28 October 09 11:42 GMT (UK) »
I don't find an Alexander Paterson that matches your criteria; however, looking up the extracted parish records in familysearch.com I did find a likely candidate for his wife.  jean Ross was b 25 Apr 1815 and christened  5 days later in Dollar, Clackmannan, the daughter of John Ross & Christian Hutcheson.  she had an elder sister Isabel chr 22 Nov 1812, a younger sister Catherine chr 30 Apr 1815 & one brother Hugh chr 1 Mar 1818, all in that same parish.  John Ross md 9 Feb 1810 in this same parish to Christian Hutchison.  Good luck!

Offline joanofacre

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 28 October 09 19:46 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for checking out for me ....Alexander migrated to south Australia with a extended family including mother in law sister in law, Isabella & her husband Archibald Simpson b Tullibody, and  family Of Thomas Anderson & Agnes Gourley from Kettle, ...I have good info on them all once in SA, and a fair bit on Ross Family including some of the Ross children who stayed behind....just stuck on Alexander as I don't have date of birth to tie him into any of the many Alexander Pattersons who seemed to be born around the same time in Clackmannan.....I am sure some thing will turn up one day so I can tie him down..........

Thank you for checking out...

PS re the Knox middle name query ...could your relative be related to Scottish religious reformer and founder of the Presbyterian Church of Scotland John Knox (c. 1513 - 1572)....just a thought!

Offline manti

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 21 November 09 23:31 GMT (UK) »
ok; i see my 1st post didn't take.  i am a descendant of Robert Wilson, the eldest son and middle child of Charles Brown Wilson & Margaret Patterson.  i am definitely thrilled to find so many new cousins through the reading of this one thread--and to verify 3 generations farther back on the Brown and Wilson lines.  Hope to learn even more as i am able to make contact with those of you who also descend from his grandparents--and it sounds like there may be quite a few of us.  Robert emigrated with his younger brother Peter and their respective wives from Clackmannan to America in 1848 with several other members of the LDS Church which they had joined in Clackmannan.  I believe his mother was born in Clackmannan and that the family returned to her native county after Charles Brown Wilson died (sometime before an assumed 2nd marriage to Alexander Fife in 1833 Clackmannan.)  One question has always puzzled the descendants of this emigrant, Robert Wilson.  Once in America he went by the name Robert Knox Wilson.  Might anybody have a clue as to why somebody would add this middle name (which, as far as I can tell, has no genealogical significance)?