Author Topic: access to records in auckland nz  (Read 18084 times)

Offline serena

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re:access to records in auckland nz
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 14 February 04 16:43 GMT (UK) »
Valmai:

My maternal grandparents arrived in Auckland from England in about 1900.

Their names were James Kay Horsfield and Alice Harding. They were married in the Auckland Registrar's Office on 12 November 1900 after they had met on-board ship.

I am wondering if you can find any information on the name of their ship and date of arrival in New Zealand.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Serena.

Offline valmai

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 15 February 04 18:54 GMT (UK) »
hello serena

i will have a go at this, havent done any ship searches before, so will get back to you when i can.

xxv

Offline serena

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 15 February 04 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. Much appreciated.

Offline valmai

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 23 February 04 19:17 GMT (UK) »
hello serena, sorry for delay, busy week last week.

at the moment, i am waiting for archives nz to get back to me with a copy of the intention to marry, which they would have had to file, and on that it should say the length of time they had lived in nz.  it should be the same for both of them if they arrived on the same ship.  from that, i will have narrowed down the time-frame in which to look for their ship.  

apparently the maritime museum here in auckland has heaps of stuff such as passenger lists etc so that will be my next stop.  funny, it didnt seem such an intertesting place when my husband dragged me there when we first arrived in nz!

xxv

Offline valmai

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 23 February 04 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Quote from: JanLloyd
I would love a photo of Waikumete Cemetery, but only if its no bother to you.   I hope you don't mind.
Jan  [quote

dear jan

i have photos but they are too big to post here and you need the detail to see the inscription.  can you reply to me privately and i will send them to you directly be email?  my email address is osbornv at akcity dot govt dot nz.  take out the 'dot' and replace with '.', and take out the 'at' and replace with '@'.

xxv

Offline serena

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 23 February 04 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Good Mroning:

You are going to a lot of trouble for me. I hope it is not too much of an imposition.

I would understand if you said you couldn't do any more.

Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Serena

Offline valmai

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 23 February 04 19:34 GMT (UK) »
JanLloyd

dear jan, ps the cemetery details are: presbyterian section, block E, row 20, plot 67.  

i drove there at the weekend, with my daughter and found a HUGE wilderness, more and more wild as one gets away from the main entrance.  the roads arent labeled very well and i drove round in circles for a while before deciding that one very rough road must be it.  i parked under a tree and we got out to start searching for the grave, only to find that i had parked right next to it and we had to walk 2 steps to get the photos!

it was rather sad to see how totally neglected the graves are in that section, but i think that when i phoned to ask for the directions, the lady at the cemetery must have gone to the grave herself and had a tidy.  in the photos, you will see that it is very scruffy, but stands out from the others in that area like a bright star.  

xxv

Offline braveheart

• RootsChat Extra
  • Caldwells from 1700 to present
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 14 March 04 05:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi, how good of you to do all this work-you must love it! I have something for you to do. Please lookup Gordon Radcliffe who was born in India but died in an auto accident in Auckland about 1991.  His first wife was Thelma, I think they married in India and had  4 children, one was born in Auckland about 1960 after which his mother died. See if you can find this family. If you need them I can give you names of the living children....Thanks BH
Caldwell, Mortimer, Radcliffe

trish

« Reply #26 on: Thursday 18 March 04 04:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi.
    Maybe you can help me. My Aunt that I had never meet had 2 Step children . Their name's are Garry Raymond Dobson and Pamela Mary [married name unknown ???] My Aunt's name was Dorothy Angela Woollright .She married their father Trevor Sylvester in 1948 he died a few month's later. My Aunt died in 1963 or 1964. They lived at Hamilton N.Z. I would like to trace Garry or Pamela just to know a little about my Aunt. They may not even be alive but hopefully they are . :-[ Do you think you could help me find them . Thankyou.
trish.