Author Topic: Yarnton Parish register lookup please  (Read 6347 times)

Offline Sonia Gardener

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Yarnton Parish register lookup please
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 07 March 07 16:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi George

unfortunately I'm back at 1774 with themarriage Of Robert Preedy to Elizabeth Lee and as you say there is no baptism for Robert at Yarnton the trail sort of stops here for the time being.  But many thanks for your offer and for all your time on behalf of the researchers including myself that you have helped. 
Sonia

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Can't see the wood for the !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 07 March 07 17:59 GMT (UK) »
Once again you have risen marvelously to the challenge many thanks George and thank you Sonia for starting the thread It seems our PREEDY's leave quite early on I'll keep an eye out for yours happy hunting
Hazel
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

For details of my research interests please see
mcmullin.me.uk
Also read the children a story from Story Time at the same web site.

Offline Iban Kepala

• I have sadly retired researching my genealogy after 40 years
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 07 March 07 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Sonia & Hazel,
It has been my pleasure to have been of assistance, I have quite a few Oxon. PR's both on fiche and disc which I have built up over the many years I have been at this game and since my health has now confined me to home it is great to be able to help out in this way.
Have you any other clues as to where your ancestors might have also developed/existed? I have found my own people in more than twenty of the Oxon PR's, the moves were all associated with marriages and employment. I have recently been of help to someone who was concentrating on the southern areas of the county and then suddenly I found that there were other pockets in the northern Parishes. I will continue to browse the site so all is not lost.
Take care,
Cheers,
George.

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Can't see the wood for the !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 07 March 07 21:37 GMT (UK) »
George
I thought you should know I have sent your reply re Thomas and Kezia to rootschatter BRAD in N.Z. he too is overthe moon to receive it turns out he descends from the John s of Ann you came across. As to where my lot come from have a peek at my web site (can be accessed through my profile We are in the middle of a major update and should have social history pages including the Parish Clerks up by next weekend.
keep up the good work its much appreciated
Hazel
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

For details of my research interests please see
mcmullin.me.uk
Also read the children a story from Story Time at the same web site.

Offline Iban Kepala

• I have sadly retired researching my genealogy after 40 years
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 09 March 07 12:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hazel,
Having problems currently with your last message re Tadmarton - have tried to reply to it without success so am doing it the hard way.
Regret to advise that I do not have any records at present for there, but am currently considering buying the fiche along with several others in an attempt to cover other potential areas for my own research.
Cheers,
George.

Offline Julie UK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 04 September 17 07:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Sonia. I've just joined RootsChat, and am delighted to find your thread. I'm descended from the Robert Preedy who married Elizabeth Lee in Yarnton, as my paternal grandmother was a Preedy, born in Kettering. Can I ask if you've had any success in tracing his birth? And if you're willing to let me know what relation he is to you, if any? Many thanks and kind regards, Julie