Author Topic: Editing my Profile ..  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Editing my Profile ..
« on: Wednesday 06 October 04 09:51 BST (UK) »
I am trying to edit my profile, in particular the "Notifications and E-Mail" section.

I would like the default to be "No notification ..."

If I remove the tick in "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic." and save settings, the tick re-appears.

How can I get it to go, and stay "went" ?
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
Re: Editing my Profile ..
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 October 04 12:05 BST (UK) »
Bob,

Good question,  mine wented then unwented too.  One for Trystan I think.  8)
I will point him at it.  ;)

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 October 04 12:20 BST (UK) »
I believe it does go but defauts to a tick each time you go in?
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 October 04 12:33 BST (UK) »
My experience is that I remove the tick, click on "save settings" and the tick comes back immediately, while I am still in "Profile"
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 06 October 04 13:47 BST (UK) »
when replying to a msg click the addition options button and there is a box there that you can tick to disable the Notify me of replies.
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 06 October 04 13:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Fitty,

that's true, and I can also click the "notify" button on a thread and turn it on or off at will,

BUT:

I was hoping to be able to set it as a default, as I sometimes forget to do it on individual messages, then my mailbox gets full with notifications.