Author Topic: Samuel Parker - Swansea BMD/1841/51 look-up.  (Read 8183 times)

Offline Phil Goater

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Harry & Floss
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Parker - Swansea BMD/1841/51 look-up.
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 22 March 06 22:58 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Cell,
                       I take it that Thomas c.1803 isn't as far as you know, the son of John and Mary.
Your discourse on the origin of the Parkers is interesting. I have also had the pleasure of viewing Devon from the Gower and hope to do so again before too long! This is my wife's maternal line I am investigating. On her Dad's side I've already got a Parker from the Yeovil area. In my own tree my maternal grandmother was a Parker from Wells, Somerset so there could be ancestors in common. However the name, due to it's very nature, must have a variety of unconnected roots.

My immediate concern is to find Thomas's parents. The information that's been provided from the 1841 census doesn't specify his place of birth so I'm hoping someone might kindly find him in the 1851 census.

Regards,
Phil
Goater, Smith, Henning, Scarlett, Lucas, Abraham, Langdale, Parker, Read, Curtis, Arm, Franklin, Bryant, Hart, Earl, White, Welch, Howard, Bateman, Hutchinson, Hunter, Lawes, Rogers, Brixey......

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 22 March 06 23:13 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Cell,
                       I take it that Thomas c.1803 isn't as far as you know, the son of John and Mary.
Your discourse on the origin of the Parkers is interesting. I have also had the pleasure of viewing Devon from the Gower and hope to do so again before too long! This is my wife's maternal line I am investigating. On her Dad's side I've already got a Parker from the Yeovil area. In my own tree my maternal grandmother was a Parker from Wells, Somerset so there could be ancestors in common. However the name, due to it's very nature, must have a variety of unconnected roots.

My immediate concern is to find Thomas's parents. The information that's been provided from the 1841 census doesn't specify his place of birth so I'm hoping someone might kindly find him in the 1851 census.

Regards,
Phil

As far as I know a  Thomas is their son, I haven't traced what happened to Williams siblings, and I don't think my hubby has either as far as I can see.

I'll look at the 51 census for you if nobody else can - but perhaps someone else can do it for you ( I'm  really rushed for time here, and trying to type this quickly - I have a  young baby that's needs attending to, so I'm just grabbing five minutes here and there on the computer at the moment)

:)
Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 22 March 06 23:36 GMT (UK) »
P.s ,
I've just tried to attach  a scan for you of the christenings from all Saint's church, but there doesn't seem to be an   attach image box on messages on this board - so I'll put it on the main Glamorgan board bit  for you -  it will be titled "Parker christenings"

Offline Keziahemm

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 22 March 06 23:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Phil/Cell  (Cell you get that baby attended to  :D )

As yet haven't found Thomas or Mary Ann in 1851, looked for William thought he may be easier  ???  Noooo....

Did find

Ann Parker  Head  Widow  45  Greengrocer  Glamorganshire Swansea
Maria Parker  Daur.  U  17  Servant  Glamorganshire Mumbles
Sarah Parker  Daur.  U  15  Servant  Glamorganshire Mumbles
Jane Parker  Daur.  U   7  Scholar  Glamorganshire Mumbles

Clarence St., Swansea
HO107/2466  folio 189  page 47

Bit of a long shot but the ages of the two daughters fits with 1841.  Will have another look tomorrow with fresh eyes, unless someone beats me to it  ;D

Susan  :)
Herefordshire: Mytton.
Lincs: Ingham
Northants: Knight (Welford); Linnell;  Gaudern.
Staffs (Brierley Hill, Kingswinford): Wood; Eades.
Somerset: Bailey; Lewis
Warwickshire: (Alcester, Henley in Arden) Lewis; Casey/Keasey
Warwickshire (Birmingham suburbs) Knight
Yorkshire (Bradford):  Ingham

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov

Offline Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 22 March 06 23:39 GMT (UK) »
I have not been able to find a match for Thomas or Mary Ann in the 1851.

The only match for some of the children is below.  Not sure if it is the right family

HO107/2466 Folio 189  Pg 47
Swansea

Address - Rees?  County, Clarence Street, Swansea  

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Check Freebmd for a possible death for Thomas and William?  The older girls are prob in service or married.  There is another son 'John' with brother Samuel above.

Hope this helps, unless anyone else can add.

Cas
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland

Offline Phil Goater

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Harry & Floss
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 23 March 06 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Susan and Cas for stepping into the breach!
It seems likely that you found the family. I have found the record of the death of a Thomas in Swansea in the December quarter of 1843 and of a William in the June quater of 1842. That would explain their absence.
Still looking for the demise of Thomas's son Samuel and wife Louisa together with any record of their children Thomas and Ann.
Regards,
Phil
Goater, Smith, Henning, Scarlett, Lucas, Abraham, Langdale, Parker, Read, Curtis, Arm, Franklin, Bryant, Hart, Earl, White, Welch, Howard, Bateman, Hutchinson, Hunter, Lawes, Rogers, Brixey......

Offline Radfordda

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 26 October 09 23:07 GMT (UK) »
you're going into my tree now ;D ( well my hubby's tree) - John Parker and Mary Morgan are my hubby's G,G. G. G grandparents
John parker 1770 and Mary Morgan1776 ( her  parents David Morgan1749 and Margaret 1753) had a son William parker 1802 ( one of their brothers was named Thomas  who was  born around about 1804)  who married Elizabeth Morgan ( William did not Thomas) - another Morgan, just to confuse matters more lol) , who then had a son John parker 1838 (he had only one sister Elizabeth, william the father  died  just inbetween 1838 and 41,( I guess it was at sea, I can't find a death at all , he was mariner) when the children were toddlers. The mother never remarried again  - This John parker was also a  mariner like his father William , and also served time on the Mumbles life boats, lived  all his life in Mumbles/oystermouth ( as did  his next generation, my mum -in-law is still living there today in her father's (fred's) old house which was passed down to her) - () married Catherine ( kate for short) Rogers  - had a daughter Kate (Catherine) Parker  ( I have an old  photo of kate parker  as an old lady) who married George Williams , who had a son Fred Williams ( hubby's granddad)
confused yet?

This is a message for Cell. Is there a way we can make contact? My email address is XXX   I have a feeling, if I have done my tree correct, that our families are linked. Kate Parker and George Williams would have been the parents of my Grandmother (My Dads Mother),Georgina Williams. By reading above it looks like it could be. Fred Williams was the younger brother of Georgina? There was also 6 other sisters. From reading above it seems it could be, and I would presume your mother in law is my dads cousin. I have only just started doing my Tree and have spent most of the time on my Grandads side so dont have much info on this side. Apart from The names of George Williams and Kate Parker children which I got from the 1911 census. If I have this right, It would be great if you can help me get more information about this side, especially if you have any photos of George and Kate.

Thanks

Alan

Moderator comment: email address removed to prevent spam and other abuses.  Please use the personal message system to contact other users privately.

Offline Radfordda

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 26 October 09 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Just sent you a private message,

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 29 October 09 15:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi '

I've only  just read the above, yes if your grandmother is Georgina.

Your dad is my mother in law's  1st cousin.

I've  just Pm'd you some info/questions.

Kind regards