Author Topic: THE JAMES FAMILY  (Read 2588 times)

Offline Sarah M

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
THE JAMES FAMILY
« on: Wednesday 06 October 04 21:43 BST (UK) »
ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE JAMES FAMILY OF DORSET. GEORGE PRINCE JAMES B. 1824 WIMBORNE. HE MARRIED ANNA MARIA CHURCHOUSE. THEY HAD TWO CHILDREN JANET MARIA & RUDOLPH. ANNA DIED ABT. 1858 WITH RUDOLPH(I THINK). GEORGE LATER MARRIED AND HAD 4 CHILDREN, ALL BORN IN LONDON/MIDDX. 1871, 1881, 1891 GEORGE WAS IN LONDON/MIDDX. IN 1901 HE WAS LIVING IN POKESDOWN, NR SOUTHAMPTON. HE DIED IN 1902. ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED - THANK YOU!

Offline gra

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: THE JAMES FAMILY
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 December 04 22:50 GMT (UK) »
Found this on the 1851 Census in Dorset. Hope it helps.

James George  27  Y1824 Sergeant B  born Wimborne Dorset  Census in Fordington (Army Barracks) 1858 188                                                                                        He may have been in the 8th Hussars under Capt (Lord) Arthur J Killeen                                           

Offline mpb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: THE JAMES FAMILY
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 March 05 22:53 BST (UK) »
Do you have anything in your records on the James family in Lyme Regis. I am interesed in Mary Jane James b June q 1840. On the 1851 census with family (William & Mary Ann) still in Lyme.
She may have married a Thomas Va(e)rcoe in Dorset Devon or Cornwall c 1863. First child b 1864 Torquay Devon.
I have her married on the 1871 and subsequent census's but don't have access to 1861 or marriage records. Not on Free BMD - may have been a non conformist marriage.
ps I am speculating this is the name as she is the only Mary Jane in the right place for birth and 1851 census - I'm trying to confirm that I have the correct person.