Author Topic: Hughes/Bradford Seaford Marriage  (Read 4164 times)

Offline ady1949

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hughes/Bradford Seaford Marriage
« on: Thursday 07 October 04 17:49 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find out about the marriage of my late father and mother.  Frederick John Hughes and Doris Mary Bradford.  I believe that they were married at Seaford Parish Church around 1940-45.  Unfortunately I do not have any relatives alive who would know these details, which I hope will get me started tracing back my family tree.  Any help big or small will be gratefully accepted.
ady1949
Hughes and Bradford in Sussex and Ireland and Brennan in Ireland Royal Sussex Regiment Smith(!) Bull in and around Bromley Kent

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Hughes/Bradford Seaford Marriage
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 March 06 07:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ady,

Would that be St Peter's C of E Church, Belgrave Road, Seaford, Sussex. BN 25 2HE ??? I do not know much about Church Records in England. Would the Rector of St Peters have the records or would they be in the East Sussex Record Office, The Maltings, Castle Precincts, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 1YT   ??? http://www.escis.org.uk/Details.asp?s=&id=4251&count=2&findall=-1&srchfld=0&adv=0&em=0

All the Best, Christopher

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hughes/Bradford Seaford Marriage
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 March 06 09:59 GMT (UK) »
I must have missed this one when it first went on.  Sorry.  Oh, no wonder, just looked at the date and it is before I joined!  You have probably found it all now and are miles back!    The parish church is right in the centre of Seaford.   I would assume the registers are at Lewes.   However in view of the date I think you mght be better looking for the marriage in the Civil registers.   It may be on FreeBMD or at the moment you can search them all free on www.ancestry.co.uk.
Andrea