Author Topic: Wisbech parish register lookup please  (Read 1246 times)

Offline paulbarrett1984

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Wisbech parish register lookup please
« on: Tuesday 28 March 06 15:43 BST (UK) »
If someone could please lookup something for me in Wisbech Parish registers.

I'm unsure whether its in Wisbech st Mary, or St Peter, but on census records they are recorded as living in St Peter.

Vincent Bouch, born around 1814, could you please look up his baptism for me?

Also Vincent Bouch's marriage to Mary Ann ????? around 1836.

Many Thanks.

Paul.
Norfolk: Chapman, Berry, Jarvis, Seymour, Bennett, Lambert, Harrison, Theobald, Eggleton, Studwell, Griggs, Chapman, Berry, Pearman, Largen, Largent, Hillson, Secker, Blowers, Stringer, Cooke<br />Suffolk: Berry, Bury, Elger, Alger<br />Essex: Fuller<br />Hertfordshire: Fuller, Filler, Blackaby, Gibbs<br />Cambridgeshire: Bouch, Savage,<br />Huntingdonshire: Savage<br />Lincolnshire: Graves, Whiley, Pearson, Allen, Randall<br />Northamptonshire: Green<br />Middlesex: Oakley, Secker

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
Re: Wisbech parish register lookup please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 April 06 12:47 BST (UK) »
Paul, I'll have a hunt for the baptism and marriage entries in the Wisbech parish transcripts for your Vincent on Wednesday when I visit the CCRO, all things being well...
Regards,
Keith

Offline paulbarrett1984

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 April 06 18:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks Keith.  ;D
Norfolk: Chapman, Berry, Jarvis, Seymour, Bennett, Lambert, Harrison, Theobald, Eggleton, Studwell, Griggs, Chapman, Berry, Pearman, Largen, Largent, Hillson, Secker, Blowers, Stringer, Cooke<br />Suffolk: Berry, Bury, Elger, Alger<br />Essex: Fuller<br />Hertfordshire: Fuller, Filler, Blackaby, Gibbs<br />Cambridgeshire: Bouch, Savage,<br />Huntingdonshire: Savage<br />Lincolnshire: Graves, Whiley, Pearson, Allen, Randall<br />Northamptonshire: Green<br />Middlesex: Oakley, Secker

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 12 April 06 15:16 BST (UK) »
Hi, Paul,
I'm afraid I wasn't successful with your look-up, as when I got to the CCRO late this morning the place was absolutely stuffed with people (all of whom had pre-booked), and I was lucky just to get the last remaining seat there (until they re-locate, it's just about the tiniest County Record Office you could imagine).  If anyone else pre-booked had arrived after me I'd have been unceremoniously turfed out.  This meant that I was only rapidly able to do look-ups in parish transcriptions for people, and the story on St Peter's Wisbech is that after 1800 they're only on microfilm - and every single machine (there aren't many) was pre-booked and in use; the Wisbech St Mary registers beyond 1813 fall into the same category...
I did look in Boyd's marriage registers 1801-1837, but no sign of your Vincent BOUCH, I'm afraid.  Next time I go (NOT during holiday time!), when things are quieter and less frantic, I'll look up his baptism and marriage if you still haven't had any joy with it...
Sorry to disappoint you,
Very best wishes,
Keith

Offline paulbarrett1984

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 12 April 06 16:51 BST (UK) »
Thanks for trying anyways Keith  ;D