Author Topic: Romany message boards  (Read 23913 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Romany message boards
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 25 May 10 09:55 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Angela. Posting unrelated messages on someone else's thread not only confuses the existing thread but means your post might be overlooked so I've moved your other post looking for Charles Jack Curtis and if anyone can help with information or suggest where to look next they can post details there-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,458141.msg3192388.html#msg3192388
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline RITAL

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 04 March 18 16:40 GMT (UK) »
hallo Clare,Just found this site .your message was way back in 2006! so this a shot in the dark!Ihave ancestors also with the names Newland ,Proudley,and even Pannell.My 3 times great grandparents were Samuel Newland.traveller Basket maker. and Charlotte Proudley.Hawker, her father Edward [tin man]and his wife Mary boghurst.nearer the present my grandmother Mary ann Newland who Passed away in 1980,s. All in the sussex area.

Rital

Offline Alimichele

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 21 January 20 22:26 GMT (UK) »
Rital, I’m new to this and you typed ages ago re the Proudleys.  I too am descended from Edward Proudley and Mary Boghurst (they are my 4xgreats) from their son Joseph, his son Joseph, then his daughter, Edith, then my grandma and my mum!  I hope this reaches you xxx

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 22 January 20 20:15 GMT (UK) »
[quote author=Roy G link=topic=146170.msg679734#msg679734 date=114508578

The most fascinating thing was that after his son's death in 1904 (also George b1832), George's pocket watch turned up on one of the unidentified corpses from the Titanic.

Roy G
[/quote]
Presumably it had been sold on after his death. Sometimes such watches still appear in jewellers shops for sale. The engraving of course refers to the original owner.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)