Author Topic: Wedges Camp  (Read 17895 times)

Offline Annie Edge

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Wedges Camp
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 21 February 18 18:15 GMT (UK) »
My mum Margaret Gilham has wonderful memories from the Wedges camp in 1954/55. She's keen to trace anyone else who was there around that time. She mentioned comforting a girl in a thunderstorm and also a school song based around the acronym of CHRISTMAS. She'd be keen on a reunion, I'm sure.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Mr Nostalgic

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 29 May 18 12:02 BST (UK) »
Hi. Not sure when you posted text for info for wedges school but if still interested I have many photos and official book of camp and paper reports. Terry.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline malcolmg16

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 29 May 18 16:45 BST (UK) »
To Mr Nostalgic

I would be very interested to see your photos and other memorabilia of the Wedges camp school. I was there for only two terms, autumn and winter 1950/51 or maybe a year later - I cannot remember exactly now.

Malcolm G Hill  malcolmg16@yahoo.co.uk

Offline Mr Nostalgic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 29 May 18 17:45 BST (UK) »
Hi again .Thanks for getting in touch. I was there for 3 terms. Sept.1951 to August 1952. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have as I said Many prints of old postcards. The official council book with many pictures. Newspaper cuttings and schedules etc for when I was there. I can print them all out and forward them to you. It will be no worry Terry.