Author Topic: Is it possible to find earlier records? completed  (Read 2373 times)

Offline trellisick

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to find earlier records?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 07 April 06 17:43 BST (UK) »
sandie youcould also post the info you already have and you never know some kind person might just have the answers,  kali.
KUHNELL, prussia, germany, australia. TAYLOR, easton in gordano, penmark, essex. barry, glamorgan. HILL, southampton, barry, glamorgan.

Offline sandie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 08 April 06 20:38 BST (UK) »
Kali

I had thought about it, but felt it would be asking a little too much.  I don't mind asking for census look ups, simply because I think they're probably there online and I've just missed them, but Parish Records are more involved.

If I can't find them any other way though, I may have to take your suggestion and ask.

Sandie
Lewis & Davies in Glam.
Richards & Roberts,  in Carmarthen & Glam.
Bowen & Morgans in Carm.
Walters & Mort in Glam.
Dinmore, in SE London (prev.Surrey & Kent), Lowestoft & Yorks.
Collier/Collyer, Tyler & Welch in SE London(prev.Surrey)

All census transcriptions are Crown Copyright

Offline trellisick

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 09 April 06 01:00 BST (UK) »
sandie, do it, we have the most  lovely people here on rootschat, who knows, just ask with the details you have, kali.
KUHNELL, prussia, germany, australia. TAYLOR, easton in gordano, penmark, essex. barry, glamorgan. HILL, southampton, barry, glamorgan.

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 11 April 06 11:19 BST (UK) »
Sandie,

I would post the details. I know that there is a CD containing Dyfed marriages between 1813 and 1837. You might just be lucky, and someone with the CD might read your posting.

Regarding the IGI - a large proportion of Wales isn't on it, as they were not given permission by the C in W. And there is always the possibility that they were non-conformist, in which case the chances of them being on the IGI is next to zero.

D
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II

Offline sandie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 04 May 06 18:56 BST (UK) »
Just a quick update.  As soon as pay day arrived I joined the Carmarthenshire FHS. 

So far I have only managed to find a baptism and census - this is more to do with me than their site - but.... next to Rootschatters the members there are fantastic!  They are very helpful and extremely patient - when dealing with someone like me that's a good thing!  The members have such a wealth of local knowledge they are willing to share, even I'm beginning to get to grips with places.

I know I really wanted to do the digging myself, but gave in and asked for help on their mailing list and as I said, next to Rootschatters they're the best.

Sandie
Lewis & Davies in Glam.
Bowen & Morgans in Carm.
Walters & Mort in Glam.

Offline nigelw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to find earlier records? completed
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 29 August 06 19:29 BST (UK) »
I've got the Dyfed mariages CD up to 1837.  Who are you looking for?
Interested in Tŷ Mawr, Cellan and Davies family.  I'm related to Joseph Davies and Rachel Davies both buried in the church yard.  Joseph died c 1833 and Rachel in the 1780s

Offline sandie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to find earlier records? completed
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 30 August 06 12:25 BST (UK) »
Nigelw

Thank you for the interest, unfortunately at the moment I don't know who I'm looking for!!!

The members of CMN FHS helped me trace the original marriage/baptisms I was looking for and on one line even found the marriages of the couples parents, but I haven't found the births/baptisms yet on the other lines so don't know both parents names, but haven't given up completely yet, just can't get anywhere at the moment.

Hope that makes sense!!

Regards
Sandie
Lewis & Davies in Glam.
Bowen & Morgans in Carm.
Walters & Mort in Glam.