Author Topic: Horsburgh Family  (Read 1546 times)

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
Horsburgh Family
« on: Sunday 09 April 06 19:00 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have any links to the Horsburghs?

The main one for our tree is Jane Horsburgh born 1851 in Berwick. She is the daughter of Alexander Horsburgh b 1816 Tyninghame, East Lothian and Elizabeth Blackhall b 1819 Oldhamstocks, east Lothian

Alexander and Elizabeth had 10 children between 1843 and 1862

JAMES 1843 BERWICK

AGNES FANNY  1844 m GEORGE WOOD BURGON b 1836 - HAD 10 CHILDREN

ALEXANDER JAN 1847 COLDINGHAM

GEORGE 1849 EDROM m PHYLLIS - HAD 4 CHILDREN

JANE 1851 BERWICK m HUGH BURNS b 1853-56 KELSO - HAD 11 CHILDREN

ANN 1853 WHITSOME m ALEXANDER HUTCHISON b 1854 WHITEKIRK - HAD 8 CHILDREN

ROBERT 1855 CHIRNSIDE m UNKNOWN - HAD 6 CHILDREN

WILLIAM 1858 m JANE ELEANOR LOGAN b 1855 BERWICK ON TWEED - HAD 13 CHILDREN

ELIZABETH 1860 EDROM - HAD ONE CHILD ALEXANDER 1868

JOHN AITCHISON 1862 CHIRNSIDE

The names in bold are the ones that we know nothing of and some of the info on the family that we do know of is incomplete as far as dates are concerned.

Has anyone got a link to this family? I am happy to share my info and photos I have with anyone who is linked. I have managed to trace the family back to 1478 with thanks to a very kind 3rd cousin I found earlier on in my research.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone interested in this family. With all those Grandchildren and great grandchildren there must be someone out there

Carol

Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline Roddy Burgoyne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Horsburgh Family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 April 18 08:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol, 

I hope you're still using this site.  I see you havn't been active for a while.  I'm interested in the Horsburgh Family too.

Offline LostScottishRite

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Horsburgh Family
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 October 23 03:55 BST (UK) »
My mother is Doris Horsburgh born in Glasgow 79yrs old today. We live in Caanda. Her mother was Mary Horsburgh and dad Joseph Horsburgh. Hope this helps. Bryan