Author Topic: Looking for Chilton's  (Read 12168 times)

Offline panic

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Chilton's
« Reply #27 on: Monday 19 December 16 09:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'm trying to find info on Elizabeth Chilton and her husband Thomas Smith (particularly Thomas) if you could please share anything you have with me? Thanks in advance!!
you give very little to go on, no dates etc. Were they married in shropshire, or just born there?
Shropshire: Bailey, Cadman, Chilton, Garbett, Pritchards
Yorkshire: Chilton, Cogan, Cooper, Farrar, Hammond, Nickless/Nicholls, Silkstone
Ireland: Brannan, Cogan, O'Connor

Offline Alanchilton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 08 February 19 03:39 GMT (UK) »
For Marian (Maz1):

I have plenty of info on Thomas Chilton b1804.  He is my 3x ggrandfather.  He joined the 61st Regiment of Foot in 1822 and served until 1844.  Married Ellen Connell in Limerick Ireland in Mar 1825 and served much of his career in Sri Lanka.  Died 5 Sep 1877 in Lichfield, Staffs.  I can provide you with copies of his military record. 

Offline Alanchilton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 08 February 19 03:43 GMT (UK) »
hi Eddie
I know my Thomas Chilton isnt the same as yours but I was wondering if you had ever come across this one in your travells?

Thomas Chilton b 9 Jun 1804 Saint Mary, Shrewsbury, Shropshire
married Ellen ?
Parents William and Mary

Would love to know more if you have come across them.
Sounds like you've hit a jackpot with your Thomas - very interesting reading.
Thanks
Good luck with your research.
all the best
Marian

I have plenty of info on Thomas Chilton b1804.  He is my 3x ggrandfather.  He joined the 61st Regiment of Foot in 1822 and served until 1844.  Married Ellen Connell in Limerick Ireland in Mar 1825 and served much of his career in Sri Lanka.  Died 5 Sep 1877 in Lichfield, Staffs.  I can provide you with copies of his military record.