Author Topic: Switch over after "Who Do You Think You are"!  (Read 1816 times)

Offline craggus

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Switch over after "Who Do You Think You are"!
« on: Tuesday 12 October 04 14:31 BST (UK) »
There is another family history programme starting on BBC4 tonight at 10pm.

Family Ties
Becoming a Jew

First in a new series uncovering family roots and discovering where people come from.

The Reverend Derek Overfield has known for the last 40 years that the people who he believed were his parents had not in fact given birth to him, and that officially he does not exist.

Now he has learned the identity of his real family and has discovered that he is in fact Jewish. Cameras follow Derek as he takes a DNA test in an attempt to identify his real father, and comes to terms with the new information about his identity.

Craig  :)
BLACKHAM - Great Bridge/Tipton/West Bromwich; BALL - West Bromwich; JOHNSON - West Bromwich/Tipton/Dudley; WHARTON - West Bromwich; COOPER - Surrey; ALDERTON - Surrey/Essex; SEELEY - Coventry/Wales; JONES - Wales (!)

Offline Kimi

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Switch over after "Who Do You Think You are"!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 October 04 17:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Craig, I'll be sure to switch over.  ;)

Kimi
Ryder- Limehouse/Canning Town.
Couley- Limehouse. 
Hogben- Canning Town/Kent
Richbell- Kent.
Davies - Lancashire
Lester - Berkshire

Offline MrsLizzy

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • A Woman Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Switch over after "Who Do You Think You are"!
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 October 04 21:27 BST (UK) »
That sounds fascinating - possibly very emotional though.  I wonder if he's ever felt an affinity or interest in Judaism?  The only thing my parents (divorced since 1974) have in common is that they both wish they were Jewish!  Mum is mainly interested in the cultural side, Dad and me in both the cultural and spiritual sides.
Connell (Mayo & Lancs 19th/20th c) Culling (Norfolk & London 19th c) Diss (Essex) Giesen (UK only 19th/20th c) Hackney (London) Henbest (Kent & Sussex) Hughes (Mayo to Burnley, Lancs & Edward, Parachute Regiment 40s, 50s) Lister (London) Maltby (Marylebone) Mayo (Glos) Nials Noquet (Huguenot) Phillips (S London) Poulain (France & London) Rayner (Halstead, Essex) Pratt (Kent & Sussex) Redfearn (London) Silk Speller (Rodings, Essex) Thompson (S London) Thurley Trundle Wade Westley