Author Topic: I'm so excited!!  (Read 811 times)

Offline Amy K

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Genealogy: Chasing your own tale!
    • View Profile
I'm so excited!!
« on: Tuesday 12 October 04 20:32 BST (UK) »
My gt gt grandfather, Charles Fordham, lived from 1866 - 1917 and had 12 children by 4 different women. I recently made contact with two of his grandsons. One of them has two photos of him and the other one might have one photo of him!!!

The one with two photos has done copies of them for me and they should be ready tomorrow!!!!! Then he is going to post them to me!!!

I am so excited!! I can't believe I am going to see the face of my gt gt grandfather!!!!!
Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JillJ

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: I'm so excited!!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 October 04 20:51 BST (UK) »
That's great news Amy, I'm delighted for you!

A few months ago I discovered from their tombstones that both my husband's g.g. and g.g.g. grandfathers had been Grand Masters of the Grand United Order of Oddfellows.   I wrote to this organisation and they were able to provide me with a photograph of one, an etching of the other, and really full biographies for both, all of which is quite fascinating.

From the information in those profiles I found out that they were also members of the Foresters, and only yesterday I received similar documents from that organisation.

I know how you feel!  It makes it all worthwhile!

Jill
Jowett & Broadbent in Leeds.
Perry, Hartshorn/e & Wilkes in Birmingham & Dudley. Walker and Dabill in Sheffield & Notts.
Farrar in Darlington & Leeds.
Kidd & Taylor in Hartlepool & Teesside
Census information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MrsLizzy

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • A Woman Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: I'm so excited!!
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 October 04 21:24 BST (UK) »
How wonderful, both of you!  I am biting the sofa with jealousy!
Connell (Mayo & Lancs 19th/20th c) Culling (Norfolk & London 19th c) Diss (Essex) Giesen (UK only 19th/20th c) Hackney (London) Henbest (Kent & Sussex) Hughes (Mayo to Burnley, Lancs & Edward, Parachute Regiment 40s, 50s) Lister (London) Maltby (Marylebone) Mayo (Glos) Nials Noquet (Huguenot) Phillips (S London) Poulain (France & London) Rayner (Halstead, Essex) Pratt (Kent & Sussex) Redfearn (London) Silk Speller (Rodings, Essex) Thompson (S London) Thurley Trundle Wade Westley