Author Topic: SIMMS FAMILY  (Read 2414 times)

Offline balmoral

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
SIMMS FAMILY
« on: Friday 14 April 06 07:04 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to find any information on William SIMMS born 1862. He was married to Eliza Jane and had two daughters Margaret born 1894 and Marion born 1895. William was a Gamekeeper I believe on the Tosca Farm. I've found the family in the 1901 census at Tosca, Kirkby Lonsdale. I'm hoping someone might be searching for the same family or have some knowledge of them. Look forward to hearing from you.....................Balmoral
Smith, Reed, Mounfield, Perrins, Strange, Norgrove, Simms, Hutchings, Newnes, MacIntyre, Purcell

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
Re: SIMMS FAMILY
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 April 06 07:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Balmoral,

I don't know what you are searching for exactly, but I can see him in 1891 (RG12/2557 44 17) and 1871 (RG10/3203 59 19). 1881 has him at Empingham Rutland, birthplace given as Ealington.

Please give me a shout if you're interested in the details.

Tanja  :)
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline balmoral

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SIMMS FAMILY
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 April 06 16:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Tanja...thank you for replying. I have William Simms and family up to 1901. I would like to find info after that date. I would like to find his daughter's married names but have only met a brick wall, so far. You never know ..there just might be a family member searching for roots, like me. All the best, Balmoral
Smith, Reed, Mounfield, Perrins, Strange, Norgrove, Simms, Hutchings, Newnes, MacIntyre, Purcell