Author Topic: Possible look up please  (Read 2580 times)

Offline brummy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Possible look up please
« on: Sunday 16 April 06 15:21 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am looking for the date and year my Great Grandfather  (Leonard Maund )and his family went to Canada.
He enlisted in the Canadian Expeditionary Force on Jan 20th 1916 and the address given was 92 Sophia Street , Peterborough.
Apart from that i have no other information, we presume he did not Emmigrate long before enlisting and have no clue from either where he left from or arrived at.
Is there any possibility of anyone being able to help with any information.

Thank you

Brummy
Swinbourne/Maund/Olds/Maund/Turrall

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Possible look up please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 25 April 06 21:05 BST (UK) »
Hi, Brummy...your best bet will be if hopefully they came over prior to the 1911 census... I assume you have them on the 1901 for England?
There is a space for place of birth as well as year of immigration...so hopefully they declared & the name is spelled correctly....  Not fully indexed, so keep checking into it...http://automatedgenealogy.com/index.html
  If they immigrated just prior to his enlisting then shipo's lists are pretty tough to search without an exact date...catch 22...
  What are the names of the rest of the family and years of birth should anyone find something in the meantime?
all the best,  J.J.

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com