Author Topic: Aberdeenshire families  (Read 46087 times)

Offline greenhorn

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Aberdeenshire families
« Reply #9 on: Monday 30 August 04 21:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul,
John and Janet farmed at Bograxie, near Inverurie, from about 1852 till 1881 when they seemed to disappear. I haven't investigated emmigration possibilities yet. Their son James, born Insch 1849, was also farming at Bograxie in 1881. He died in 1885, found drowned in the well of a neighbouring farm; his widow and family were at Newhills near Aberdeen in 1891. Keep looking and maybe we can finish the jigsaw one day.
John.

Offline fluffnco

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 September 04 17:27 BST (UK) »
probably not anything related to your family of Riddells but i have a deceased Grandfather who was a John Riddell. He lived and died in Aberchirder (Foggieloan as it's known locally). I don't have any details other than he died possibly in the early 1990's and is buried in marnoch cemetary. If you've got or have come across anything that may link him in anyway please let me know as I'd be really pleased to receive anything at the minute that might help me move on in my search :)

ty

Fluffnco
Researching:
Thomson/Davies/Johnson  - (St Pancras/Shoreditch  Area London  and Monmouthsire),
Cross  -  (Burradon/Gateshead/Tynemouth areas of Newcastle on Tyne)
Anderson -  ( Gateshead/Wallsend/ Byker/Tynemouth areas of Newcastle on Tyne)
Mutch  -  (Marnoch/Aberchirder/Ellon/Inverkeithny/Fyvie/Turriff areas of Banffshire Scotland)
Riddell  -  (Marnoch/Aberchirder areas of Banffshire Scotland)

Offline Paul B

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 29 December 05 23:52 GMT (UK) »
I have a Peter Meldrum marrying an Elizabeth Mitchell in my wifes family tree.   Descendents are via Eliza Meldrum.

I wonder  if this matches up with your tree?.

Paul
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Youd - Cheshire
My family tree - http://www.thebryans.co.uk

Offline PaulB28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 04 January 06 12:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul

Unforunately I don't have a Peter Meldrum in my tree, there was two Meldrum families in Insch I have not found a connection between both as of yet.

Regards

Paul
researching Byrnes (Armagh) Byrne (Dublin) Carrick (Dublin) Bellew (Armagh) Garvey Armagh) Meldrum, Davidson, Mortimer, Dow, Bain (all Aberdeenshire) Robello (italy & Aberdeen) plus more

Offline JudithD

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 December 06 09:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul,

I have the name Mortimer, Horn, Morrison in my family. My Mortimer and Morrison families originate from the mill of Knockenbaird, Insch.

I would love to hear your connection to this family.

Judy

Offline runningbear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 08 December 06 09:10 GMT (UK) »
hi judy, BIG BIG welcome to rootschat, if you need any census lookups please feel free to ask

Joe
helping wherever possible

Offline JudithD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 08 December 06 09:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joe,

Thank you very much. I have some 1841 information. Would love to find where David Mortimer (b 1812 Insch) was hiding in 1841.

Kind regards
Judy

Offline runningbear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 08 December 06 10:09 GMT (UK) »
hi judy, was your david married to helen?
have a daughter barbara and a son james?

Joe
helping wherever possible

Offline PaulB28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 08 December 06 13:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Judy

I have quite alot information about the Mortimer, Morrisons and Horn families.

My Mortimer family go back to Alexander Mortimer (6th Great Grandfather) who married Elspet Watt in Insch in 1773 they had son of name of William who marired Margaret McRonald on the 4th of February 1801 in Insch they had at least two children John Mortimer and Janet Mortimer.   John was my 4th Great Grandfather.

John had a child with Ann Riddel daughter of Charles Riddel and Mary Morison of name of Mary Mortimer, Mary was born on the 29th of September 1834, she married a George Meldrum son of George Meldrum and Margaret Morrison in Insch in 1863.

As far a I know My Mortimer's lived in Upper Boddam.

With regard to the Morrisons  have two Morrison families in my tree.

I have Mary Morison wife of Charles Riddel she was born about 1785 and was the daughter of John Morison and Elsept Wisely.

I also have Margaret Morrison wife of George Meldrum she was born in 1801 in Midshalloch Forgue and was the daughter of John Morrison and Margaret Alexander.

Finally My connection with Horn family is a Jane Horn who was the wife of John Dow and the daughter of James Horn and Mary Brown she was born in 1810 in Insch.

I have much more information on these families if you require further information please let me know.

researching Byrnes (Armagh) Byrne (Dublin) Carrick (Dublin) Bellew (Armagh) Garvey Armagh) Meldrum, Davidson, Mortimer, Dow, Bain (all Aberdeenshire) Robello (italy & Aberdeen) plus more